MartinLogan Theos ESL Speakers Reviewed

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The MartinLogan Theos represent all of the advancements made in electrostatic technology over the past 30 years. They replaced the much loved MartinLogan Vista ESL loudspeakers and feature a larger panel for the same price ($4999/pr). Read our full review to see what we liked, and didn't like. Read the article.

J

jeffreynoah

Audiophyte
Martin Logan Theos Speakers Test Report

My musical taste is classical, primarily Renaissance, Baroque and Impressionist. On my ML Vistas, choirs sound like many individual singers and seem to float in space, across and deep within the sound stage. Previously shrill recordings now sound delightful. Drums, which previously sounded like thunder, now offer individual definition, from synthetic or skin impacts. Triangles sparkle and xylophones shimmer. Applause sounds not like rain, but hands clapping. Singers and soloists seem to perform in the room.

According to a reviewer, “finesse and transparency ... unbelievable dynamics, speed, transient attack and force ... simply glorious front-to-back depth ... clear and uncluttered, never losing their 'space', while blending seamlessly. Probably the most outstanding characteristic is the way the speakers simply disappear – a familiar MartinLogan trait – allied to simply glorious front-to-back depth. With live recordings of a 'known' stage or hall signature, the effect is nothing short of transcendent.”

My standard for sound reproduction is accuracy, from years of listening to electrostatic headphones. My entire CD collection now sounds new, and filled with discoveries.

I am also impressed with the protective cardboard shipping cabinet, including two layers of gowns and foam buttresses, which protect M-L speakers in transit.

Bravo, Martin – Logan for an exciting performance, every time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis