Marantz SR5010 - issues playing via Bluetooth and USB

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I still don't understand why you guy's mess with all this. A receiver should just select inputs, control sound and drive speakers. A pre/pro should just be an AV preamp. There is far too much being crammed into these receivers.

I can tell you that for best results and least hassle a computer IS required for this in the AV scene. It is is especially true if you want a trouble free life.

I have two computers in my main rig, one audio only and the other AV. I do have Chromecast, but barely use it. I never connect either of my pre/pros to the Internet. I own no ROKU devices or Firesticks or any of that nonsense.

I have an Intel NUC at our other residence. I can stream anything I want instantly without hassle.

The quality is also much better then other methods, especially audio fidelity. I have determined that Chromecast definitely downgrades audio and I bet all the other devices mentioned do as well.

If you want the best convenience and best quality it takes high quality computers. These are now easy to come by in a small space.

Forget all the rest. It is just trouble, frustration and compromised quality.

C

chapelhaudio

Audioholic Intern
TLS Guy -

That sounds like the ideal set up for sure. I have to make do with the options through the receiver for now, but hopefully I can add a dedicated PC at some point (I'm still finishing out the speaker set-up for budget reasons).

So on with some novice questions...What are the main considerations for the dedicated PC? I suppose it's pretty simple since you are not doing anything but playing music and perhaps some video...so mainly you want a big enough hard drive, HDMI output, etc.?

09 OrangeSRT

Audiophyte
i had the same issue, and now i cant even get my phone to bluetooth with it anymore. seems the receiver is stuck in being visible only to the device it was connected with (my phone) and since ive removed the pairing from my phone to re-connect it, it won't show up again and now i cant use it with any device.

when it was working, i did have that issue as well though, with the sporadic quality. unbelievable. this fucking thing costs 900 dollars, it shouldn't have a problem playing or pairing with any bluetooth device.
I had a similar issue. This is how I solved the problem.

Husband paired his phone with the Marantz 5010 and it worked fine. Two weeks later he decided to unpair/remove the phone from the Marantz and the Marantz froze. I still had cable, Blue-ray, and video game players working but I do a lot of listening to online radio and internet radio. Every time I tried to bring up those radio features the Marantz kept saying "No Connection" and that it was "trying to connect to the last paired bluetooth device". I looked at the manual. No good. Made certain my SO had disconnected his phone, he had. Looked on the net and found this thread. Decided I'd sleep on it.

I'm an engineer and I've always felt a hard reboot can solve a lot of these types of electronic freeze problems. Turned on only the Marantz and hit the off button on the power strip. Went out to make myself a cup of coffee and finished the last few pages of my current book. About 90 minutes later, fired up the Marantz and up popped a lovely invitation to update the firmware. Why not. Thirty minutes later, update completed and every thing had rebooted and was back to full functions. We later went out to dinner and when we got home we turned the Marantz on again and all is fine.

I know our problem was trying not to keep a paired phone connected while most here are trying to get and keep a phone paired, my thinking is perhaps a hard reboot and then updating the firmware might work for y'all as well. HTH

Cheers, Sarah

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis