Marantz SR5009 A/V Receiver Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Marantz's new SR5009 appears to be a substantial improvement over the outgoing SR5008. HDMI 2.0 support is on board, as are integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth antennas for wireless streaming. The best part? The price is remaining at $899. Usually that's not all sunshine and rainbows; lots of manufacturers offer more features for the same or less cost by skimping in areas that really matter to audiophiles (power, preamplifer outputs, etc). Thankfully, that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Read the SR5009 AV Receiver Preview

Who is getting one of these babies?

Last edited by a moderator:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Dang, no XT32 + Sub EQ HT trickle down. I think I'll be able to withstand upgrade-itis this round. Still, this looks great for someone in the market, especially as a preamp.

Thanks for the clear warning about the marketing-speak power rating as well!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's how they kept the cost where it was - no XT32. If they did that, nobody would buy the higher models.

U

utopianemo

Junior Audioholic
Hdmi 2.0?

The HDMI 2.0 Specifications allow 2160p(technically not 4K, but whatever) at 60fps, not 30. So there's either a typo here, or the Marantz isn't really fully 2.0 compliant.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
The HDMI 2.0 Specifications allow 2160p(technically not 4K, but whatever) at 60fps, not 30. So there's either a typo here, or the Marantz isn't really fully 2.0 compliant.
The SR5009 is HDMI 2.0 compliant, but it doesn't upscale content to 4K/60Hz, "only" 4K/30Hz.

A

AVTguy

Audioholic Intern
AVR makers can implement various aspects of HDMI 2.0 and get away with calling it such. In this case the AVR can SCALE images to 4k/30fps from lower resolutions. It can also PASS THROUGH 4K/60fps (when something like that actually comes out! Cable hurry up). I believe this unit shares the same video section as the DENON AVRX-2100W with the same abilities.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I am curious about the sr7009 or possible the Pre/Pro version as it supposed to have Audyssey MultEQ XT32 Pro among a few other items that peek my interested. I may try to give Marantz another shot.

Dylanl

Dylanl

Audiophyte
Has anyone seen a date on when these will hit the market? I was looking at the SR5008 but may wait for this one if it's not too far off.

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
Sorry to drag up an oldish thread, but I just noticed that Marantz apparently has this model rated to drive 4 ohm speakers. That's pretty impressive at this price point, or am I missing something?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis