H

Hornet

Audiophyte
Hi all I am Newbie here, and from what I can tell you folks have a great forum glad I found it!

I recently purchased the SR5006 at 50% off the listed retail price.

The System at this point consists of a Samsung Smart TV, SR5006 A/V Receiver and a pair of Bose 601 Series speakers. Everything works fine and all are networked together. However I can't seem to get music from my laptop to play audio through the receiver, oddly enough I can play the audio on the TV speakers. I have control of the 5006 from my laptop with no issues but when I try and play audio it's not happening.
I'm figuring it might be a configuration issue but not sure. I wouldn't think that I would need to back feed the audio into the receiver from TV but...who knows.

I haven't been in the loop on all this newer technology for HDTV, Blu-Rays and networking all this stuff together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance!

Hornet

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Hi all I am Newbie here, and from what I can tell you folks have a great forum glad I found it!

I recently purchased the SR5006 at 50% off the listed retail price.

The System at this point consists of a Samsung Smart TV, SR5006 A/V Receiver and a pair of Bose 601 Series speakers. Everything works fine and all are networked together. However I can't seem to get music from my laptop to play audio through the receiver, oddly enough I can play the audio on the TV speakers. I have control of the 5006 from my laptop with no issues but when I try and play audio it's not happening.
I'm figuring it might be a configuration issue but not sure. I wouldn't think that I would need to back feed the audio into the receiver from TV but...who knows.

I haven't been in the loop on all this newer technology for HDTV, Blu-Rays and networking all this stuff together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance!

Hornet
Are you using HDMI or RCA(Red/White) to connect your laptop to the receiver?

H

Hornet

Audiophyte
Through my router all wireless. Tried RCA but didn't care for sound quality. I haven't tried HDMI or USB from laptop. Really thought I could do this via the router. As I indicated audio files will play to the TV through the router, seems as though the A/V receiver should do the same.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis