Marantz SR 7010 (right and left front channels)

R

robby nunn

Audiophyte
I recently purchased a sr7010 and did the install yesterday. It seems to me the right and left front channels
are not outputting at the proper levels. The center and rear channels are much louder even when just setting up the audyssey. I even switched to stereo mode to listen to phono and bluetooth and the volume and sound is just not there. I have Mirage om-9 speakers and have never had this issue. I am replacing a
denon avr4310ci and they sounded great with that receiver. Any suggestions? I am at a loss.

Thanks
Robby

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How about in Pure Direct/Source direct, stereo? Same thing? That should be no audessy, no bass management. Are they hooked up correctly? (yes it happens).

R

robby nunn

Audiophyte
I have check the connections several times making sure i had not somehow wired something incorrectly. I will try the pure direct to see if that makes any difference.
Thank you for your input.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Only thought that occurred to me that during setup particularly was wondering if you're not just hearing a difference in sensitivity ratings among your speakers? It's somewhat normal for the most sensitive speakers to have the loudest sound during the test tones....

Do you have an spl meter or measurment mic to quantify what's going on? Even a phone app spl meter should be decent enough to pickup gross differences.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Have you tried the speaker level settings?

vsound5150

vsound5150

Audioholic
Maybe this fine print below from the owner's manual may help:

Install the Sound calibration microphone at least 20 inches (50 cm) away from the wall. Failure to do so will result in inaccurate readings.

I was reading the manual to prepare for setting up my SR7010 this weekend and ran across that snippet.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe this fine print below from the owner's manual may help:

Install the Sound calibration microphone at least 20 inches (50 cm) away from the wall. Failure to do so will result in inaccurate readings.

I was reading the manual to prepare for setting up my SR7010 this weekend and ran across that snippet.
True, it is better to get not only the measurement mic away from the wall but your seat as well. Got a pic/diagram of placement of speakers/seating?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis