S

Sav

Audiophyte
Hi guys,hoping that someone can help me here iam not to good with these things.i have bought a marantzsr5007 and the tv has stopped playing through the unit. Now I wasn't home when this happened so I have redone all of inputs radio works as does the DVD but for the life of me I cannot get the tv to work.no audio or video. Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. Paul

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Hi guys,hoping that someone can help me here iam not to good with these things.i have bought a marantzsr5007 and the tv has stopped playing through the unit. Now I wasn't home when this happened so I have redone all of inputs radio works as does the DVD but for the life of me I cannot get the tv to work.no audio or video. Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. Paul
I have the SR6004, maybe I can help.

When you say TV do you mean cable or do you mean the TV wont actually display video?

S

Sav

Audiophyte
sr5007

hi,yes the tv wont display and picture or audio at all. i have the hdmi cable between the tv and amp but when i switch it over zero

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
hi,yes the tv wont display and picture or audio at all. i have the hdmi cable between the tv and amp but when i switch it over zero
Try plugging your TV into "Out 2".

Also, plug anything (PC would be easiest) into one of the HDMI ports, play some music or signal. Hear any sound? I assume since you use a receiver you don't use the TV speakers? :p

S

Sav

Audiophyte
marantz sr5007

hi sorry about the late reply,i cannot see and 'OUT 2'. MY TV IS connected to the monitor out hdmi socket and then to the hdmi out let on the tv.this is how it was working before.i am wondering if there could be a fault in a switching diode in the unit making it unable to switch between sorces.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
hi sorry about the late reply,i cannot see and 'OUT 2'. MY TV IS connected to the monitor out hdmi socket and then to the hdmi out let on the tv.this is how it was working before.i am wondering if there could be a fault in a switching diode in the unit making it unable to switch between sorces.
Why is it plugged into "Monitor Out"?

S

Sav

Audiophyte
marantz sr5007

hi there, i connected it the way the manual told me to . hdmi tv to monitor out.

ss2nv

ss2nv

Audioholic Intern
Have you tried swapping HDMI cables? How about plugging a source directly into the tv? Process of elimination will tell you if it's the AVR or something as simple as a cable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis