B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
hi I have a quick question I hook up presence front speakers went into audio changed the setting to front from the SBL an SBR running the test tone it shows they are there also ran the test tone an it works. But playing a 7.1 dvd the on screen info has the SBL an SBR lit up on the I put signal an the FHL an FHR are not coloured in is this right? It's a Marantz Sr5008

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
IIRC native 7.1 content uses side and rear surrounds. If you want front height or wide speakers to play I think you'll have to use a virtual surround mode. Hold the Movie button on your remote until you get the osd menu showing available surround modes. Try various virtual modes and see if you land on one you like.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Thanks I will give it a try, I didn't even know about holding the movie button down

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
The Marantz app for Android or iOS is also useful for this sort of thing. The OSD has an inactivity timeout of just a few seconds, but you can leave the surround mode screen open on your phone or tablet for longer listening between changes without having to reopen the menu each time.

FWIW, the hold-the-button-down trick works with the music and game buttons as well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis