Marantz Cinema 40 - disabling power button

S

sergix

Enthusiast
Hello, I need some advice. I have a young daughter and she keeps turning my Marantz Cinema 40 on and off. Is there a way to disable the power button? In the manual, I found turning off the front panel and the volume control - even when this function is turned on, the AVR can be turned on/off with a button. Thank you

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello, I need some advice. I have a young daughter and she keeps turning my Marantz Cinema 40 on and off. Is there a way to disable the power button? In the manual, I found turning off the front panel and the volume control - even when this function is turned on, the AVR can be turned on/off with a button. Thank you
No! Put the Cinema 40 at height where she can't reach it, until she old enough to do what she is told.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
You can add an smart outlet to where the power isn't open till you tell the switch.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
You can add an smart outlet to where the power isn't open till you tell the switch.
The problem is they always take little power. If you shut the power off ahead of the receiver, then you will be doing a soft reset all the time. I suspect that might not be good for it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is a good opportunity to teach the word no. I have three children, and a number of nieces and nephews. It doesn’t take too much effort to teach children what they can and can’t do.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
One way we found with my grandson when he was little was to just redirect them to something else. If they lose interest in a thing, they often don't go back to it.

Put a cover over it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis