maclick

maclick

Audiophyte
I just picked up a Marantz CC4001 five disc player at Goodwill for 18 Dollars. Wow it sounds great and works perfect, so much better than my Denon DCM-290. No remote but it work fine with my Harmony 670.

K

kofii12345

Audiophyte
When I turn off player and turn on it plays first disc. Is there any way to enforce it to play disc which was played before turning off?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Great price and find, but I am not a big fan of Marantz CD players, even though I am a long time Marantz fan. I had a brand new CC4000 die on me within a few months of buying it and it took 5 CDs with it, one of which could not be replaced and Marantz wouldn't send them back! The CA70ES it was replaced with actually sounded better to my ears and remembered the last disc I was listening to.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Great price and find, but I am not a big fan of Marantz CD players, even though I am a long time Marantz fan. I had a brand new CC4000 die on me within a few months of buying it and it took 5 CDs with it, one of which could not be replaced and Marantz wouldn't send them back! The CA70ES it was replaced with actually sounded better to my ears and remembered the last disc I was listening to.
I know, you don't want to open up something that is under warranty, but you never, ever want to ship a CD changer with CDs in it. They will bounce around in shipping, likely getting scratched up, and possibly doing physical damage to the player.

Next time, carefully open the case, and you will have easy access to at least 4 of the discs in a carousel type changer, and likely will be able to get them all out. In most cases, it is just removing a few screws for the top of the case and then you will see that the discs that are waiting to play have nothing holding them down. (Other than gravity, of course.)

This also means that you want to move a CD player as little as possible when it is full of discs, and always keep it upright if you have to move it to remove the top to get the CDs out.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I know, you don't want to open up something that is under warranty, but you never, ever want to ship a CD changer with CDs in it. They will bounce around in shipping, likely getting scratched up, and possibly doing physical damage to the player.

Next time, carefully open the case, and you will have easy access to at least 4 of the discs in a carousel type changer, and likely will be able to get them all out. In most cases, it is just removing a few screws for the top of the case and then you will see that the discs that are waiting to play have nothing holding them down. (Other than gravity, of course.)

This also means that you want to move a CD player as little as possible when it is full of discs, and always keep it upright if you have to move it to remove the top to get the CDs out.
I called the shop I bought it from and they said not to open it as it would void the warranty :( They opened it for me and got the two discs that were accessible out, but the main one was clamped in motor and would not come out and the other two were under the tray mechanism. They also told me it was the first time they'd ever had a Marantz player fail.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis