Marantz AV8802 Dolby Atmos Processor Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Marantz AV8802 11.2CH Preamp/Processor Preview

Priced at $3,999, the Marantz AV8802 is a cutting edge 11.2 channel preamp/processor that's ready for Dolby Atmos and Auro-3D. A hardware upgrade to a full HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 implementation is also in the cards, meaning Marantz's new flagship will be able to support 4K Blu-ray discs. As you might imagine, the AV8802 is also loaded with useful features, including Audyssey's Platinum suite and integrated WiFi and Bluetooth antennas for wireless streaming; however, the 4-port Ethernet switch seen on the outgoing AV8801 has been nixed.

Read Marantz AV8802 11.2CH Preamp/Processor Preview

R

rramacha

Junior Audioholic
Hello

My AV8802 is getting delivered in a few days and was wondering to see what speakers you recommend for atmos. i want something that can be installed on ceiling rather than in ceiling.

Cheers

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
1. Budget?
2. Room Size?
3. How are you going to Configure ATMOS?

I can suggest taking a look at http://www.goldenear.com/products/supersat-series

Superstat 3
- You can mount on the ceiling with some Simple Sanus Mounts and should be able to angle them to the correct position for the listeners. I use them as surrounds in my bedroom and they are nice little speakers

Then you can enjoy the 4 movies that actually support ATMOS right now :) JK, I am doing ATMOS setup in my HT room design.

R

rramacha

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for posting.

Budget

Range $2K to max $3K (I am a sucker, if you convince will spend $4K)
Room Size 1800 Cubic Feet
Let me take a stab at this (5.2.4)

BTW. I am planning to change my fronts to Seaton Cat 12's. this is 6 month plan. I heard Triton One's and blown by its performance. I have two Seaton HP in my current set up. If I were to get Triton One's how easy is it to integrate.

Cheers

Raj

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I am not sure how the SuperStat 3 would integrate into your setup, the Tweeter is definitely different. If they were the fronts or center I would be worried about it, but I believe that they would do well.

With "On Ceiling" instead of "in Ceiling" you are limiting your options.

As for the Triton Ones, I absolutely love my mains :)

R

rramacha

Junior Audioholic
How easy is it to integrate (Triton One's). I am asking this as I have two Seaton Submersive HP+ as well

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
That's a great question, given the fact I haven't owned Klipsch, JTR or the Seatons I probably am not the best person to ask.

The only thing I can say is that I would use the T1s w/o the Klipsch center and run it in phantom mode as I don't believe it would blend well. It is not as significant an issue with the surrounds. You already have two solid subwoofers, so maybe the T1s are not the way to go.

R

rramacha

Junior Audioholic
That's a great question, given the fact I haven't owned Klipsch, JTR or the Seatons I probably am not the best person to ask.

The only thing I can say is that I would use the T1s w/o the Klipsch center and run it in phantom mode as I don't believe it would blend well. It is not as significant an issue with the surrounds. You already have two solid subwoofers, so maybe the T1s are not the way to go.
If I get Triton, I would get matching center. My worry was it would be pain to integrate with two subs. More I think Seaton Cat12's are the way to go for LRC.

Cheers

Raj

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis