Marantz av7703 dual subwoofer outputs

D

dpwill

Audiophyte
The av7703 lists having 11.2 channel output, as in dual subs. But when listing it's Dolby Atmos capability, it lists "up to 7.1.4 channels." What happened to the other subwoofer output?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There is no ".2" content, there is only ".1". Your avp has the capability of providing two separate subwoofer outputs in terms of separate level and delay adjust, but then eq's them together (via Audyssey XT32/SubEq feature).

D

dpwill

Audiophyte
Thanks for the clarification. I guess it's just a matter of nomenclature. It would seem like it should still be 7.2.4 if two subs can be hooked up via separate outputs ( as opposed to using a y-splitter from a single output, for instance), but it's their product, they can say it however they want, as long as all manufacturers do the same. Having them EQ'd the same does make a difference.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the clarification. I guess it's just a matter of nomenclature. It would seem like it should still be 7.2.4 if two subs can be hooked up via separate outputs ( as opposed to using a y-splitter from a single output, for instance), but it's their product, they can say it however they want, as long as all manufacturers do the same. Having them EQ'd the same does make a difference.
The distinction is one designation is channel processing oriented, the other counting speakers in a room (I have a 9.4 speaker setup with an XT32/SubEQ avr, but the processing is 9.1). You can have more than two subs although Marantz limited the Audyssey functionality to two sub outputs as far as separate delay/level adjustment (so you can do each of two pair at different distances for example).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis