Marantz AV7005 processor

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
In anticipation of getting the XMC-1 I am selling my gently used Marantz AV7005 pre/pro. The unit is in great shape. I've only had it for about 6 months. Comes with box, manual, calibration mic, the works.

$800

Pics to come.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow. Are you sure the EMO will be better? Shouldn't you keep the Marantz until you get the EMO, just in case? :D

I would definitely take the AV7005 for $800 over the EMO.

Good buy for some lucky guy who wants separate pre-pro. :)

I believe you can use Audyssey Pro Kit on the AV7005.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
Wow. Are you sure the EMO will be better? Shouldn't you keep the Marantz until you get the EMO, just in case? :D

I would definitely take the AV7005 for $800 over the EMO.

Good buy for some lucky guy who wants separate pre-pro. :)

I believe you can use Audyssey Pro Kit on the AV7005.

I thought the same also. Never know how buggy the Emo's Pre / Pro's are, however at the end they'll work out the bugs if the owner is very, very patient :)

GLWS.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The Emotiva forums don't seem to show too many bugs with this one. It looks like they learned their lesson from the UMC-1 and had numerous beta testers this time around. One thing I have seen is confusion around how bass management with dual subs works. This is a little worrying as that feature is one of the main reasons why I'm buying the XMC.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I was under the impression it was going to tune each sub separately... With my UMC200 I have to tune the subs my self, turn #1 on set the level, turn #2 on set its level, then with them both on run the room correction...

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Putting this up on E-bay next week if no one here wants it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis