Marantz AV Receiver

B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
My Marantz SR6003 7CHX100W AV receiver is going. I can't get a TV signal until about 30 minutes after the receiver is turned on. My friend experienced a similar problem with his Marantz receiver. He dumped it and got a Denon. I am looking for a new receiver to go with my B and W speakers and Panasonic 65ZT60 flat screen. Any thoughts or ideas for me out there. Thanks

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
What features you need and what is your budget?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
My Marantz SR6003 7CHX100W AV receiver is going. I can't get a TV signal until about 30 minutes after the receiver is turned on. My friend experienced a similar problem with his Marantz receiver. He dumped it and got a Denon. I am looking for a new receiver to go with my B and W speakers and Panasonic 65ZT60 flat screen. Any thoughts or ideas for me out there. Thanks
Just wanted to make sure you have tried a factory reset before giving up on the SR6003!

Pretty sure yours has the same reset procedure:

http://marantz.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/249/~/how-do-i-reset-my-sr6001-receiver-to-factory-default?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just missed the sale on the Denon X4100. MSRP is $1500, was on sale for some time for $799 on Amazon brand new.

I knew the $799 price wouldn't last.

The $1000 Denon X3100 was also on sale for $499, but now it's not.

But might keep a watch.

B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
Budget 1,000 dollars. Looking for solid performance for 5:1 system that will support Plasma Flat Screen. Want as high quality sound as a can get. Do NOT need Atmos.

B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
Just missed the sale on the Denon X4100. MSRP is $1500, was on sale for some time for $799 on Amazon brand new.

But might keep a watch.
My friend bought it. Have not had a chance to see or hear it yet.

B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
More specifically, Center, B&W HTM61B 3 Way L/C/R 600 Series; Right and Left B& W 685 B 2 way Bookshelfs; Subwoofer, B& W ASW61B 10" 200W, Surrounds are B&W 686B, CD Player: Denon DCM-440, Video Panasonic TCP65ZT60 65" Plasma Viera. Thanks again!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Budget 1,000 dollars. Looking for solid performance for 5:1 system that will support Plasma Flat Screen. Want as high quality sound as a can get. Do NOT need Atmos.
For $1000, there are dozens of receivers that will give you high quality sound. That is a good price point.
If it was my money, I would get one of these:
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavr4520ci/denon-avr-4520ci-denon-s-flagship-home-theater-receiver-150wpc-airplay/1.html
Unless WiFi is important to you. In that case one of these:
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx4100wa/denon-avr-x4100w-7.2-atmos-receiver-wi-fi/bluetooth/airplay/1.html

The 4520 is fundamentally a better AVR (more power), but the 4100W has more recent bells and whistles and is still solid. Both have the most advanced level of Audyssey (for 2 subs).

You really didn't give any details on what features you need, so I think it is a safe assumption that either of these will have all of the features you might want anytime soon.

Ty Wayne

Ty Wayne

Audioholic

But might keep a watch.

New x4100 can still be had. Yes, Amazon had it for 799.00 but accessories4less has had it for 749.00. Hoping it stays on sale for a couple of weeks so I can grab me one!

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx4100wa/denon-avr-x4100w-7.2-atmos-receiver-wi-fi/bluetooth/airplay/1.html

Or, a refurb x4100 is 650.00. Personally, Im divided on whether to get a new one or a refurb and save a 100.00. ???

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx4100w/denon-avr-x4100w-7.2-atmos-receiver-wi-fi/bluetooth/airplay/1.html

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
New x4100 can still be had. Yes, Amazon had it for 799.00 but accessories4less has had it for 749.00. Hoping it stays on sale for a couple of weeks so I can grab me one!

Or, a refurb x4100 is 650.00. Personally, Im divided on whether to get a new one or a refurb and save a 100.00. ???

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx4100w/denon-avr-x4100w-7.2-atmos-receiver-wi-fi/bluetooth/airplay/1.html
I would unequivocally get a brand new one for $100 more.

B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
For $1000, there are dozens of receivers that will give you high quality sound. That is a good price point.
If it was my money, I would get one of these:
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavr4520ci/denon-avr-4520ci-denon-s-flagship-home-theater-receiver-150wpc-airplay/1.html
Unless WiFi is important to you. In that case one of these:

The 4520 is fundamentally a better AVR (more power), but the 4100W has more recent bells and whistles and is still solid. Both have the most advanced level of Audyssey (for 2 subs).

You really didn't give any details on what features you need, so I think it is a safe assumption that either of these will have all of the features you might want anytime soon.
Thanks! As far a features, my wife wants WiFi and a system that would support playing tunes off of her iPad and smart TV. She's on Ntflix, etc all the time. My screen is not 4K, a possibility for the future. I occasionally play a 3D CD. I don't know of any upgrade that would help my current sound system. DTX would require more speakers like Atmos. Both receivers look good. Does Denon also make Marantz? I want to stay away from Marantz right now.

Thanks again for the recommendation!

B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
I would unequivocally get a brand new one for $100 more.
How is the difficulty on install. My Marantz is in a cabinet and I have difficulty just getting it around to look at the back. I have a habit of screwing things up on a rewire. Thanks for the advice!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Does Denon also make Marantz? I want to stay away from Marantz right now.

They are owned by DMGlobal, but they don't make products for each other though one can expect some sort of synergies going on over the years.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks! As far a features, my wife wants WiFi and a system that would support playing tunes off of her iPad and smart TV. She's on Ntflix, etc all the time. My screen is not 4K, a possibility for the future. I occasionally play a 3D CD. I don't know of any upgrade that would help my current sound system. DTX would require more speakers like Atmos. Both receivers look good. Does Denon also make Marantz? I want to stay away from Marantz right now.

You can plug either into the internet, but you'd need to go with the 4100W to get Wi-fi.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks! As far a features, my wife wants WiFi and a system that would support playing tunes off of her iPad
I connect Ethernet wire to my Denon 3312. I always prefer wire connection over WiFi for connecting the AVR.

For music, I always stream directly from my iPad to my Denon AirPlay via WiFi.

B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
I connect Ethernet wire to my Denon 3312. I always prefer wire connection over WiFi for connecting the AVR.

For music, I always stream directly from my iPad to my Denon AirPlay via WiFi.
Thanks! What are your thoughts on the Denonx4200?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks! What are your thoughts on the Denonx4200?
It's probably like my Denon 3312, except with a lot more updated features like Audyssey XT32.

I think the X4200 would be great enough to be the main center piece of my HT system.

Of course, I am not going to replace my Denon AVP-A1HDCI or AVR-5308CI (both were bought brand new).

But if I were doing it all over again from scratch, I think the X4200 would great enough for me.

selden

selden

Audioholic
Buying the Denon X-series new has the advantage that a 3 year manufacturer's warranty is included. A4L can only provide a 1 year manufacturer's warranty.

Buying a 2015 model (like the 4200) has the advantage that it includes full support for 4K video. Previous years' models can't. (Their HDMI chipsets don't include HDCP v2.2) That might be important when you upgrade your TV.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis