Magnepan Tympani 1D

dorokusai

dorokusai

Full Audioholic
I was fortunate to pick up a pair of these, fresh from a full factory refurb, a couple weeks ago. The broken leg I'm sporting delayed getting them into the house but I have one of them set-up in the 2CH rig so far. I'm a long time planar fan....my wife however, is another matter. The process of setting up a 6ft x 4ft loudspeaker has been fun so far but my wife was absolutely horrified when she saw them. Oh well, a couple nights on the couch never hurt anyone.

I'm going with the traditional setup from the owners manual because I can swing the tweeter out of the way due to the right speaker being near a doorway.

Has anyone heard these speakers? or the earlier, or later, 3 panel versions?

Mark
Polk Audio CS

C

charliebrown

Audiophyte
Hi Mark,

I picked up a pair of these recently and I can't wait to get them set up. Mine are the 3 panel versions: I didn't know that there were several versions. They're in good shape but they could certainly use the factory refurbishing. Did you have any issues with the shipping? Did you have the factory boxes? Finally, may I ask how much it cost you to have it done (PM if you'd like)? How do they sound?!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis