Magnavox FA4234SL01 amp

R

RickH

Junior Audioholic
I picked up a Magnavox integrated amp for $5 at the GW today. It's an oldie.
Made in Belgium. Nameplate says,"Super class AB stereo 2X40 watts.Model # FA243SL01.
Internally...2 gold colored 6800 mfd caps that read "made in Germany".
A really strange pot for the bass treble and balance...you push in to extend the knob and behind the faceplate the pot is a long tubular affair with an open slot down the middle terminating to a square phenolic looking end.
NEC outputs that read DN288 Q35. All of the function,CD tape etc. have long rods that extend to the rear of the chassis where the switches themselves are
located. Large heat sinks and...well it looks to be a well built unit. I'm cleaning it up at this point so I have not listened to it. Anybody know anything about this piece?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Magnavox's Belgium era is my favorite. Could you post pictures inside and out, that would definitely make me happy.:)

I'll see if I can scrounge up some pictures of my Belgium made Magnavox CD players in the next day or two. I'm a very proud owner of 3 Magnavox CDB series players from the 80's, all made in Belgium.:)

R

RickH

Junior Audioholic
magnavox integrated amp

Seth, I checked it out on the bench and unfortunatly it has a bad power supply and a few other defects that are going to make it impossible to repair.
I tossed it yesterday but if you want pics I can dig it out and send you some.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis