R

RickH

Junior Audioholic
Picked this up at the goodwill for $12. Manufacture date is 1989, and it was built in Belgium. It is a six disc (cassette) and it has two sets of rca's on the back. The normal red and black, but also 2 orange marked "RC5" in and out.
I cant find any info on this player,but you would swear you were listening through a tube amp. really sweet! And it's in beautiful shape. Does anyone have any info on this player?? I also own a 1040 BK but have not had trouble getting info on it. The CD 4000 is not in my Orian book (2004). Thanks for any info you can provide!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Good find.:)

Those old Belgium made Magnavox and Philips are very cool IMO. I have owned 3 and still have 2. I have never come across a 6 disc magazine style like yours though.

The orange connections are for controllers such as a receiver. It allows you to use the remote of the Receiver to control the cd player using the line instead of IR.

Does the CD player have a coaxial Digital output?

R

RickH

Junior Audioholic
Thanks Seth!

I appreciate your response. It does not have a coaxial output, however there are some "factory plugged" punchouts that would lead me to believe that
it might have been an option. It has a detachable, (2 pin) power cord and
the word "mains" on the back of the player. Normally when you hear folks talking about "mains" you think English? The complete part # is
CD 4000 BKO1, Stupid me. I just realized that there is a second set of "punchouts" There are 3 vertical holes ....imagine an "O" with a short line that protrudes from the center of each side...sort of like -0-.
There is a painted line that goes from the top hole to the center hole..it ends there and there is a symbol that sort of looks like a + symbol but the
horizontal of that symbol almost looks like it is a directional symbol?
There is one more line going from the middle "hole" to the bottom hole.
I'm going to have to take the top off this thing again and check it out.
When I initially cleaned it I was so blown away by the size of the power supply that I did'nt pay attention!!!!! Rick.

R

RickH

Junior Audioholic
Thanks Seth!

I appreciate your response. It does not have a coaxial output, however there are some "factory plugged" punchouts that would lead me to believe that
it might have been an option. It has a detachable, (2 pin) power cord and
the word "mains" on the back of the player. Normally when you hear folks talking about "mains" you think English? The complete part # is
CD 4000 BKO1, Stupid me. I just realized that there is a second set of "punchouts" There are 3 vertical holes ....imagine an "O" with a short line that protrudes from the center of each side...sort of like -0-.
There is a painted line that goes from the top hole to the center hole..it ends there and there is a symbol that sort of looks like a + symbol but the
horizontal of that symbol almost looks like it is a directional symbol?
There is one more line going from the middle "hole" to the bottom hole.
I'm going to have to take the top off this thing again and check it out.
When I initially cleaned it I was so blown away by the size of the power supply that I did'nt pay attention!!!!! Rick.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Yeh, they have some large power supplies.:D The draw about 40 to 50 watts, when most CD players today draw around 10-15 as well do DVD players.;)

Does it have red knobs on the bottom? Also, what does the laser transport device look like. Is it linear or swing?

Dmonk

Audiophyte
I have one of these, although it currently does not read CD's and the panel lights are burned out. I am going to read the voltage on the light circuit to see if a Christmas light bulb is a replacement possibility. Also, I will try to clean the laser lens. BTW, Seth, the laser seems to be on a linear path.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis