AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What you guys think of this?

I've seen E01-03. So far I think it's better than Jessica Jones. But still kind of pathetic. :D

I don't think it is anywhere near the level of Daredevil. I think it's closer to the level of Jessica Jones, but still better than Jessica Jones.

I look forward to Punisher. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Currently on E10.
I personally liked it a lot, more than DD and much more than JJ. Imho DD was unnecessarily too visually violent.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'm on episode six and I think it's excellent. Daredevil was great as well (didn't think it was too violent). Haven't seen Jessica Jones but it doesn't really interest me. I'll watch it one of these days.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I saw Episode 1 I thought it was ok. It should get better as it goes. I wonder If there will be any crossovers in these Marvel shows?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw Episode 1 I thought it was ok. It should get better as it goes. I wonder If there will be any crossovers in these Marvel shows?
Yes it does on both points. it does get better later and plenty of references to both DD, JJ, Thor and others...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I know Luke Cage was in JJ, but the others have not crossed over, yet.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
SPOILER ALERT.

I may be too picky. But little things bother me.

For example, if I think I'm about to DIE and a super human could save me, the last question on my mind would be "You're going to have to explain to me how you do that!" :eek:

I'd be more like, "Please get me out of here ASAP, I don't care how you do it, I will love you forever!" :D

And if I'm a DETECTIVE in a Marvel world with all kinds of super humans around, and I see someone survive a massive gunfire, and there are HOLES all over in his freaking shirt, and he doesn't have ONE SCRATCH on him, I'd be thinking, "Hmm, gee, I wonder if he is some kind of SUPER human??????" :eek:

Just a lot of little things like that.

But I may be too picky. :D

I may just be biased because I hated Jessica Jones and Luke Cage was in Jessica Jones. :D

But I will continue to watch Luke Cage. If I can finish the entire season of JJ (OMG), I can watch Luke Cage. :D

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just finished the 1st season yesterday. Overall I'd rate it strong 7.5 - maybe even 8.
One curious thing, and I wonder if anyone else noticed it - beats products appeared on screen more than few times. Coincidence ? I think not. Likely to be sponsored placement.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just finished the 1st season yesterday. Overall I'd rate it strong 7.5 - maybe even 8.
One curious thing, and I wonder if anyone else noticed it - beats products appeared on screen more than few times. Coincidence ? I think not. Likely to be sponsored placement.
I didn't even know what Beats products were until you mentioned it. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yep, I noticed that too. Just has to be placement.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
SPOILER ALERT.

Just a lot of little things like that.

But I may be too picky. :D

Me too. You are not alone. And this series is not the only one with such issues. Others have even bigger ones. Wonder why some are so blatant.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One of my favorite movies when it comes to the subject of product placement was Repo Man.

I gave this a nice binge watch and may even try it again later. Lots of time filler would be my immediate complaint but like the casting and production for the most part. Not familiar with the character/comic other than the appearance in JJ, tho. Kristen Ritter is nicer to look at from my perspective but I imagine Mike Colter has his fans....

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
I'm on episode six and I think it's excellent. Daredevil was great as well (didn't think it was too violent). Haven't seen Jessica Jones but it doesn't really interest me. I'll watch it one of these days.

JJ is more of a neo noir, fantastical psychological thriller than it is like a super hero series/movie. Seems more like something Dean Koontz or Stephen King would write than typical Marvel comic book fare. Just don't have that expectation that is like other super hero shows, and you might like it. It's very well done for what it is trying to do, just not for everyone that liked DD.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
One of my favorite movies when it comes to the subject of product placement was Repo Man.
I think you refer to the crappy 2010 Jude Law's Repo Men, not the classic 1984 Repo Man with then young
Harry Dean Stanton

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think you refer to the crappy 2010 Jude Law's Repo Men, not the classic 1984 Repo Man with then young
Harry Dean Stanton
Of course I don't refer to that crappy Repo Men, I mean the classic Repo Man....with all the massive amounts of generic products vs product placement.....my favorite transition in age from that movie wasn't the venerable HDS but rather Archie played by Michael Sandoval (now more well known as Miguel Sandoval). Fox Harris was another standout but passed long ago....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis