Loudspeaker mass production...

M

matty

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>hi im new to this forum and i am currently studying loudspeakers at college.
I need to find out information of the materials used to build speakers, why those particular materials are used. (properties)
Also how the speakers are produced on the production line and the types of tools and manchines used to manufacture them.
In particular i am looking at Technics 3-way system SB-3030 as i have one of these speakers at home and i am able to take it apart.
Any information will be much appriciated &nbsp;

Regards,
Matty</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#000000'>Be sure to add quality of components to your report as that is also a major factor in sound reproduction.

You'll want to focus on manufacturers specifically and their processes for assembly - they will all vary, and they will all place differing importance on various aspects of their manufacturing process, I'm sure. Perhaps contacting some of these directly will yield some insight into the different factors involved in mass-manufacturing these products (tools, etc).

A thorough report will actually yield a number of manufacturers who (you will find) use substandard components and materials in building their products - and of course, a number of which excel at using great quality materials.

Sounds like a great opportunity/topic for a report - good luck!</font>

M

matty

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>thanks for the tips and info &nbsp;

im writing up some emails to wharfedale, technics, booze etc.. as we speak &nbsp;

opps just realised i posted it in the wrong forum &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>hi
&nbsp; I have a 30W audio sytem. Can i connect a 100W speaker to Will it have any effect on it?it?what other info do u need to answer this?The impedence of my audio is 6ohms and that of my speakers is 8ohms.Please clarify soon. If the speaker will not work, atleat I will return them and save some money.</font>

dopy

Audiophyte
help

if u r pulling that SB-3030 to peaces would u be intrested in selling me the low Hz cone when u r done with it, as it has proved very hard to find a replacement for my blone one:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis