Loudspeaker & Audio Design

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Audioholics is about finding gear that is functional, a good value and logical. However, I really like product design, and some of the high-end (and even entry level stuff) is cool to look at.

This thread is in off topic because it isn't about achieving good sound, it is about admiring some of the nicer designs in audio.

Please keep flaming all the pretty (yet often overpriced and perhaps mechanically comprimised) designs to some other thread, we all know, this is just about the design part of it. Pointing out deficiencies is fine, I just don't want to make it the focus of the thread.

I'll start:

Zu Audio Druid

Matt34

Matt34

He doesn't have the best pictures on his site but I think these open baffle speakers are an interesting design and I would love to have a pair.

The Pluto's are just plan weird looking:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Audioholics is about finding gear that is functional, a good value and logical. However, I really like product design, and some of the high-end (and even entry level stuff) is cool to look at.
Hm, sorry if this doesn't quite fit the thread, but it is at least interesting to look at. :eek: This is at least the third time I've posted about this here, but the last time was a year and a half ago. :)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
He doesn't have the best pictures on his site but I think these open baffle speakers are an interesting design and I would love to have a pair.
TBH, that pair's finish looks better than what I've typically seen in photos. In fact, it's the best looking set of Orion's I think I've seen.

You might have noticed the thread already, but I thought this post, albeit by a proud owner, was interesting. He owns the Plutos too.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/images/photos/Naples-red-web.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I would like to hear these also. Rip van Woofer (a mod from the past) made a beautiful pair. Here's a pic...
[IMG]http://bruce.coppola.name/audio/audio%20images/orion_pictures/oriongrille.jpg

I wonder what ever happened to him?

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Ah, nice, pearl! Check this out:

Paul Reed Smith

Dynaudio MC15 ... I dig the 'fin' stands especially.

I also like some pro-audio stuff: Allen & Heath Xone 92:

Very nice mixer too... even down to that matte finish so you don't get glare in your eyes in the booth.

Awesome posts guys!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I always liked this one

[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
That is really cool! Is that a old JBL or something they make now?

Seas "Exotic" full range

I almost put these in a show car once, until I found out how much they cost.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Cabasse Riga:

I have mixed emotions about the design. The base looks like it is painted metallic, which is cool. Where I feel it misses it is with the wood. Both of those woods look a little cheap to me. It needs a blonde wood, perhaps a birdseye maple or something.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
JL Audio Gotham:

Another composite speaker...To my understanding, they build this using resin transfer molding. Basically they put the glass fibers in, and then close the mold and inject the resin using vacuum. It's construction is shaped like that for design, but also for increased stiffness using geometry.

Matt34

Matt34

I was trying to think of the name of another company that makes something really similar to these Jamo's when the thread first started.

I was able to think of it now, Emerald Physics CS2.3

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis