Looks like Audio Quest may have taken false advertising up a notch

jinjuku

jinjuku

So someone purporting to be part of the AudioQuest family (the use of we) has a youtube video showing you how the quality of audio improves with their HDMI cables:

Here is a really good analysis of what is going on:
http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=5540

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Having worked in the industry for some time, I have sat through multiple Audioquest "trainings". Most recently was one focusing on this very subject. The guy had several HDMI cables of varying quality/expense and attempted to demonstrate the audible differences between them by playing high res music from a MacBook Pro through a high end Marantz pre/pro and some B&W Diamonds. Needless to say, I heard no difference at all.

The most entertaining part of the presentation, though, involved their "high end" USB cables...

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
Looks as though they removed the video...

Cthulhu is most displeased..!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
AudioQuest is on the defensive in their "Open Letter"

http://www.stereophile.com/content/open-letter-bill-low-audioquest?page=2#0L02gdYz6z2ldxWk.97

They knew about the video a year ago. Both saw and heard it. If that is they case and they listen to every batch of cable that comes out for directionality then they are doomed as they are obviously deaf.
And if they do listen to each cable, I want to see them account for the time required, how many people are listening to them and how they could possibly do this AND eat, sleep, take a few minutes off, hit the head, etc.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Having worked in the industry for some time, I have sat through multiple Audioquest "trainings". Most recently was one focusing on this very subject. The guy had several HDMI cables of varying quality/expense and attempted to demonstrate the audible differences between them by playing high res music from a MacBook Pro through a high end Marantz pre/pro and some B&W Diamonds. Needless to say, I heard no difference at all.

The most entertaining part of the presentation, though, involved their "high end" USB cables...
I have been in the industry since early '78 and I'm completely disgusted by the BS that has been trotted out over the decades.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis