Looking to buy 2 floor standing speakers Klipsch or B&W for £1500

• Thread starter John-Dean-Computers
  • Start date
J

John-Dean-Computers

Audiophyte
Hi guys, iv been trolling your site over the last week or so in need of helping making my desicion.

My 2 candidates are klipsch rf-82ii or the b&w equivalent. I have a good setup at present and I'm not sure which brand to choose. Iv not actually heard the klipsch speakers but I do own B&W speakers. Not a fan of mission a friend has a set and thay sound like a high end Argos hifi.

The B&W speakers I have are good but I would not say they wow me. Don't get me wrong they are much better than all friends places I go to when we listen to music but I am looking for something that actually wows me now.

Like with all speakers you get some that do and some that don't like anything other than what they have. Similar to the mac and PC arguement in my trade, I personally don't like Mac especially the new OS X lol.

I listen to dance and trance so I would like something that really hits the notes with the vocals but also with the instrumental. I have a tannoy sub which has ooooooodles of bass so bass is not a problem but I would like something that has the sound stage that impresses.

Help

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Since you're referring to your currency in UK pounds, if i would be at your place, i think I'd stick with local brands, which are plenty of in uk. From Wharfedale to Kef and everything in between. To know which ones are best like mentioned above - only you could tell. Check out local audio stores and bring your favorite CDs with you

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Have you heard the Klipschs yet? There's quite a difference between those two.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis