Looking into second sub

A

Actran

Audioholic
Alright. I'm ready to start saving for my second sub and am looking to stay under $600. I currently have an EMP 1010i and want something much better. I'm open to DIY or commercial.

what are some of the best options in that price range?

size and appearance aren't huge issues as its going in a dedicated media room

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The best thing for a dual sub setup is to use identical subs, so if you like your 1010i, get another. However, I think $600 is starting to creep into territory for a good DIY that would knock your existing sub out. You might just sell your 1010i, put that money into a DIY project, and you can have a sub that would be far better than two 1010is or even four.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Alright. I'm ready to start saving for my second sub and am looking to stay under $600. I currently have an EMP 1010i and want something much better. I'm open to DIY or commercial.

what are some of the best options in that price range?

size and appearance aren't huge issues as its going in a dedicated media room
What's your woodworking skill level? Are you looking for a nice simple starter build, or something a little more advanced? Are you talking $600 for a completely finished product or for materials?You can do plenty of excellent DIY subs for under your budget. Just look at all the infinity reference builds. Excellent subs for between $200-300 bucks.

There are plenty of other options as well if you're looking for something bigger and more powerful as well.

A

Actran

Audioholic
I'm looking to spend $600 for the plugin ready product.

I'm fairly good at woodworking with simple joins, but am a bit limited on equipment. I have jig saws, mitre saws and table saws, but am short a router

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis