looking for the right hdmi surrond reciever 5.1 to push large 2 way 15" pa speakers?

leeb

leeb

Junior Audioholic
Any help at all. I'm on a budget prob buy refurbished stuff. I have a newer 3d tv and wanted to hook it up as well. Do I need to be able to switch on the reciever not to damage the back and center speaker? I'm as green as it prob gets.

Thanks for looking
Lee

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
No budget receivers these days have pre-out connections, which are required to hook up the PA speakers. How much are you looking to spend?

What audio outs does the TV have? Maybe you can hook up the speakers directly to the TV?

leeb

leeb

Junior Audioholic
Hdmi 3d tv... What about a Yamaha htr 6290? Had 9 channels on the back plus several Hdmi hookups. Says 130w per channel. Can buy it for like 150. I have about a 500$ budget. I wanna aslo play my ps4 and blue ray surround sound on it too?

leeb

leeb

Junior Audioholic
Or is that thing junk? Iono I wanting something that will thump when I have friends over thats why I'm wanting pa speakers. Gem sound any good for the money?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
As we said yesterday, you NEED a receiver with preamp outputs to feed your powered speakers.

Since that seems to be your major concern, when looking at the websites describing them, go to the page describing their inputs and outputs (specs or features pages) and verify they have this feature.

It's really not that difficult.

Don't worry. Those PA speakers, not your receiver, will supply the "thump" you so crave, just as long as you're not expecting deep, extended bass. that's the job of a subwoofer.

Last edited:
leeb

leeb

Junior Audioholic
Thank you guys for being patient with me. What about using passive pa speakers? I was just thinking that a powered speakers were already matched with the appropriate wattage supplied by their own internal amp and not damaging my outputs and supplying enough watts to push them at the same time?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Powered speakers DO have built-in amps but, as we've said before, and in your other thread on this as well, you need a receiver with a preamp out to run them.

leeb

leeb

Junior Audioholic
I meant un powered pa's. Do passive me powered? I feel like your getting aggravated with me. Sorry about that.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
It seems this line of thought has been answered in your other thread on this subject. To continue here would be redundant.

forthose who just walked in, CLICK HERE for that other thread.

But, yes, when several people give the same answer to the same question several times to the same person who apparantly expects a different answer, some of us do get aggravated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis