Looking for suggestions

F

Fatback

Audiophyte
I'm looking to buy some floorstanding speakers - I will use them basically for watching movies, loud action video games, TV, and occasional music. I'm willing to spend aprox. $750 or so...

I currently have:

-Yamaha HTR-5940 receiver
-Polk audio CS10 center
-Yamaha NS-AM370SBL front speakers (may use them as rears?)
-Yamaha YST-SW225 sub

I am actually open to upgrading my receiver as well. I'm willing to spend aprox $400 or so.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:
ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Couple options pop into mind

Def Tech has closeout pricing on the now discontinued BP7006/7004, which would be near your range, and are easy loads to drive (you wouldn't really need to upgrade your receiver, at least for power...that receiver is pretty long in the tooth features wise). Built in powered woofers really lighten the load on your receiver. Bipolars require placement away from walls, so you would need the room to properly place these.

Also look at EMP towers, potitively reveiwed here at Audioholics and highly regarded for value. EMP is an ID company, but these may be worth taking a chance on unheard. A little less expensive than the DT's, even with the DT closeout pricing.

Infinity P362's are a value leader tower as well. They spec well but look a little plasticy compared to the EMP or DT's. I believe these are discontinued as well, so you may find a screamin deal on these. They are well regarded by many forum members.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I'd budget to buy a new center to match whatever you choose for mains.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis