Looking For Speak Suggestions

F

ffejeff224

Audiophyte
So I had a Denon AVR-590, but the HDMI inputs crapped out on me so I took it back and I upgraded to a 7.1 Denon Avr-791. It is rated at 90w x 7 channels at 8 ohms and 125w x 7 channels at 6 ohms. I currently have the Energy take Classic 5.1 speaker system and I wanted to find two additional speakers to go with it that will match well, but aren't too expensive. I am planning on moving my current to front speakers to the back and replacing them with larger speakers. I haven't decided whether or not I want bookshelfs or tower speakers, but I am open for suggestions. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Last edited:
dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
If you are upgrading the front 2, i would definitely recommend also upgrading the center to match. those 3 are the most important speakers to have matching.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I agree with matching the front three. Matching those is very important however the Take 5 satellites may still make decent surrounds. Without a budget it's pretty hard to recommend anything.

Long term I'd put together a budget and plan on upgrading your speakers and subwoofer with something a bit more capable and then move the Take 5 into a bedroom. The reason that I say that is they were designed for smallish rooms and also cross over to the subwoofer awfully high for my taste. The result of the high crossover point is your ears can detect when the sound moves from the speakers to the sub and back and it becomes the audio equivalent of watching ping-pong.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis