Looking for right speakers for Yamaha RX-A830

R

RRR

Audiophyte
Hello everyone,
Sorry for my bad English, but I hope I will be able to explain what is happening in my head :).
So few weeks ago I decided that I would like to upgrade my audio system.

My current setup is:

Yamaha RX-V363, Canton GLE 470 and Canton SUB 80.

I already ordered Yamaha RX-A830 mainly because of its integration with Spotify. That decision is already made. But now I can’t make up my mind which speakers I could buy for my Yamaha.

I was looking at Jamo C809, but I start to think that they are way too extreme for my room (Room size is ~ 5 meters x 6 meters) and A830 will not have the power for them. And price is bit over my budget.

For the begging I’m looking for fronts + subwoofer. With future plans for 5.1 system.
Currently I’m thinking about:
Jamo C607 VS Dali Ikon 6 MK2 VS B&W 683

Regarding subwoofer I have no Idea what I need and how to match speakers with subwoofer. So I don’t have ideas for subwoofer.

Regarding usage mainly I will listen to music and sometimes watch some movies. I like to listen various types of music. For example: Craig Armstrong, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Nest, Portishead, Massive attack e.t.c. I like to listen piano, guitar, cello solo albums. I enjoy some of heavy metal bands too. So yeah I can listen everything from classic to heavy metal.
I hope you can help me to decide which speakers and subwoofer could be right for me.

Thank you in advance
RRR.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There is no "matching" a sub to speakers. Just like your mains, the sub is a personal preference in terms of what you want from it. Price range would be the first thing that would be useful.

For the mains, have you heard the speakers you are asking about? The best way to pick speakers is to go listen to them somewhere to get a feel for how they sound and choose based on that. It is kind of difficult to determine if you will not have enough power for speakers you don't own yet.

R

RRR

Audiophyte
The problem is that I don't have such option. At least I don't know where I could listen to all of them. And it looks like I will have to decide without testing. Dealers mostly offer you possibility to order speakers. As I listen music much more than I watch movies I start to think that Jamo C607 with Jamo 660 Subwoofer could be good option. I wish I could have chance to test them before ordering.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Well, the only way to be sure you like a speaker is to listen to them yourself. Just because everyone else likes 'em doesn't mean you will. Lotsa people love scotch but I can't stand it.

Just make sure that whereever you buy from has reasonable return policies and keep all packing materials until you're positive you will want to live with them.

And, if you want to continue to believe that your sub must be from the same manufacturer a your other speakers, then I guess you've made up your mind.

you seriuously might consider reading other posts here besides your own. You might learn more than you can imagine.

R

RRR

Audiophyte
Thanks... I will try to find possibility to listen something before I order it. Sadly in my country returns don't realy work that good.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis