Looking for Refurbed Paradigm speakers...

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
I highly doubt that there are any websites or brick and mortar stores that sell Paradigms at DEEp discounts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
-Michael:)

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
Paradigm protects their dealer territories and does not sell online. Anyone selling new online is not an authorized dealer, so you won't get a warranty. Your best bet is probably the used market and audiogon. Still won't get a warranty in most cases, but I've had some very good experiences with audiogon. Another option is to see if your local dealer has a trade in program. They may sell trade-ins at a significantly reduced price.

techenvy

Enthusiast
i just compared some titan v6 to some klipsch rb 81 at a store.

unfortunatley the guy had his own cd that wasnt my prefference.

so it was not ideal and could have been much better.

i did hear switch instantly, and thought (in the store they were hard to discern at first, vocals slightly fuller and less crisp with paradigm , they both seemed to have good bass(i was listening to orchestral music and not good orchestral music)

they were very similar, paradigm seemed to have ver slightly more timbre. i was actually surprised, but store demo dosent mean squat until i a/b them at home.

i plan on getting some klipshch and or paradigm and may just toss a coin

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
Don't just toss a coin. Make sure you buy something you will be happy with. Take some of your own CD's along the next time you audition speakers. Make sure it is stuff you know very well. If you are planning on listening to a high percentage of music, I would avoid the Klipsch. I have owned a few different Klipsch offerings and found them all to be fatiguing for long listening sessions (No offense to those that love them). Do you have a budget in mind? If you tell us what it is, I'm sure you will get some great suggestions in your price range.

My suggestion is to wait for a pair of Paradigm Studio 20's (version 3 or 4) to show up on audiogon. Personally I would take a pair of 20's over anything in the Klipsch RF line.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
My suggestion is to wait for a pair of Paradigm Studio 20's (version 3 or 4) to show up on audiogon. Personally I would take a pair of 20's over anything in the Klipsch RF line.
I've got a a pair of 40v3's that will likely need a good home soon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis