Looking for Receiver Recommendation

To Audyssey MultEQ XT32 or not?

• Audyssey MultEQ XT32 is a MUST! It's worth the price! Get it now!

• MultEQ XT32 is great, but i'll be fine with the lower Audyssey chips as well.

• MultEQ XT32 is a waste of money - who cares what room tuning it has!

• Room tuning from other brands is equal to MultEQ XT32

• Room tuning from other brands is BETTER than MultEQ XT32

• I dont know the answer, but i want to see the poll results!

Results are only viewable after voting.
AParsh

AParsh

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys & gals,
I'm working on putting a new set up together, just picked up the speakers today and will be picking up the sub(s) soon.

Speakers:
Ascend CMT340SE Mains (L&R)
Ascend CMT340SE Center
Ascend CBM170SE surrounds (only 2 for now)

Sub I'm planning on is HSU Research VTF-15H MK2. I'll probably buy one at first and pick up a second later. It's a big room i'm putting it in so will likely want two.

The reciever is the area i need the most advice in. Obviously there is a change in technology taking place right now with all the latest stuff supporting HDMI 2.0 (or HDMI 2.0a), HDCP 2.2, and often Atmos as well. I really don't need any of these right now, but i definitely want to have HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 for futureproofing, Atmos I really doubt I'd ever use. I'd like 7.2, but would go 5.2 for now if the deal made sense. Also i've been told i should try to get Audyssey MultEQ XT32 ("platinum"), which means for new models that will have the HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 i'm going to need to stick with Denon and Marantz. Denon's AVR-X5200W seems to be the best fit i've seen so far and can be had for around $1200, but I'm also trying to keep the prices down as much as I can while keeping the power output reasonable to power these decently high end speakers.

What do you guys recommend? If there is something coming out soon that i shoudl wait for let me know. If the MultEQ XT32 isn't worth the big price tag chime in as well. I'm going to post a poll if you guys think the XT32 is worth it or not.

Thanks!

elwaylite

elwaylite

Audioholic
Id go 5200 if you can swing it. Full Audyssey suite, made in japan and beefy amp.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The Denon W5200 does not have HDCP 2.2 and cannot be upgraded to it either. On A4L the W7200 with HDCP 2.2 is $2200 (the most expensive one they have).

IMO, from A4L get the X4000 for $600. It has plenty of juice for the Ascends, everything Audyssey, doesn't have Atoms, etc. since it is a generation older.

Use it till HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 become a must have.

AParsh

AParsh

Junior Audioholic
The Denon W5200 does not have HDCP 2.2 and cannot be upgraded to it either. On A4L the W7200 with HDCP 2.2 is $2200 (the most expensive one they have).

IMO, from A4L get the X4000 for $600. It has plenty of juice for the Ascends, everything Audyssey, doesn't have Atoms, etc. since it is a generation older.

Use it till HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 become a must have.
OH wow, i wonder how i got it ingrained in my head that the X5200W was HDCP 2.2. My bad, glad you called that out. I like the X4000 recommendation, $600 is a good price. I actually have 2 areas that are like family room / couch style in this house so I can always put the X4000 upstairs later if i upgrade downstairs. I think i'll buy that, good price.

AParsh

AParsh

Junior Audioholic
Great thanks for the heads up. I'll actually need 2 total receivers, so i'll probably be on the lookout for a nicer 4k/hdcp 2.2 type set up as well soon.

AParsh

AParsh

Junior Audioholic
I think i should have made a separate thread with the Poll...barely anyone took it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis