Looking for inexpensive, but nice looking TV for bedroom.

M

Mkilbride

Audioholic
I just got an email:

https://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/door+busters/product/4758734/toshiba++40quot+class++lcd++1080p++60hz++hdtv

About this, from bestBuy. I know they're not "known" for their TV's...

But I sit about 5 feet back from my bed or so...I was told 37'' or above from this viewing distance was ideal. (Originally I was going to settle on 32'')

Screen Size (Measured Diagonally)
40"
Vertical Resolution
1080p
Screen Refresh Rate
60Hz
Warranty Terms - Parts
1 year limited
Warranty Terms - Labor
1 year limited
Product Width
38-3/4"
UPC
Energy Star Compatible
No
TV Type
LCD Flat-Panel
Screen Size Class
40"
Product Height (with stand)
26"
Product Height (without stand)
23-7/8"
Product Depth (with stand)
11-5/8"
Product Depth (without stand)
3-7/8"
HDMI Inputs
USB Port
Yes
USB Input
Yes
Component Video Inputs
Composite Inputs
Media Card Slot
No
Speaker Output Power
14W
V-Chip
Yes
Power Consumption (watts) Stand-by
ENERGY STAR Qualified
No
Mount Bracket/VESA Pattern
200mm x 200mm
Maximum Resolution
1920 x 1080
PC Inputs
RF Antenna Input
Language Options
English, French, Spanish
Sleep Timer
Yes
Alarm Timer
Yes
Channel Labeling
Yes
Remote Control Type
Standard
Power Consumption (watts) Power On
Headphone Jacks
Yes
A/V Outputs
Ethernet Port
No
DND_services_01
Yes
DND_Availability
In Store & Online
Can't really think of anything in that price range with such good specs. Any thoughts on a 40'' or around 40'' that's perhaps under 300$? That's worth it? I mean...

Right now I have an old 27'' TruFlat, which 20% of the screen is kinda a black, warped line thing...broken audio that is sometimes to low or to loud...and well yeah, normal definition.

Thanks.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The Toshiba is fine, but it is worth saying that what you are looking at is not a 'sale' price, it is a doorbuster. Which means that they have about 2-7 available in each store - probably 5-7, and if you aren't one of the first ones in line on Black Friday, you aren't going to get it. I got a 42" Sharp last year for about $200 from them, and it works fine. Not exceptional, but not horrible either, and it is still working fine.

With 45 reviews, it seems to be well enough received, but you aren't likely to get it for that price due to demand - unless you plan to camp out at your local BB on turkey eve.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
I remember this thread from last year. I think we determined that based on the model number that it was proprietary to best buy. In other words made especially for bb black friday.

I say try your luck. Like bmxtrix saix there will most likley be less then ten at the store. Good luck!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis