Looking for help for hooking up my subwoofer

Fullerj

Fullerj

Audiophyte
Hello all new to the site I have a question for I looked around I'm missing something

So heres my problem I have a Yamaha av receiver RX-V1600 and a certain Vega clsc-12s sub
Both are more advanced than what I'm used to but I'm not getting a signal from receiver to the sub. Now when I first got it it didn't work and I was messing the settings it worked then I continued to look around and it stopped and I haven't got it to work since but I didn't pay attention to when it stopped working my others speakers are set to small front are (Bose 201s) and center and back are jvc's. Now I hooked my iPhone to the sub it self and it works so I am wondering what I am missing or something to try thanks in advance

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
First off, on the back of your receiver, locate the jack labeled either "LFE" or "Sub Out"

Second, on the back of the sub. locate the jack labeled "LFE". Turn it's level a little more than half way.

Use an interconnect to connect the two.

Then check your receiver's manual for how to tell it you have a sub connected. That' s what going to taka a little reading on your own.

Fullerj

Fullerj

Audiophyte
Yeah everything is set up the only I don't have is that ycpa or whatever for the set up so I guess it's all manual set up I guess I'm looking now thank you now if it is reading it what other things I look at?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis