Looking for advice/suggestions...

Willis927

Willis927

Enthusiast
I recently received a Project Carbon DC turntable as a gift from the wife. I'm looking for the best receiver, pre-amp (if needed), and speakers for vinyl and my new turntable. The only other equipment that will be connected to the receiver would be an ipod or cellphone (no dvd, cd, computer, etc). The room size is approximately 14' x 20'. I would like to keep the cost under $2k if possible but all suggestions are welcome. Thanks so much for your help.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
There is no "best", only personal preferences so be prepared for a plethora of wisely different responses.

A few questions, though. Are you looking for two channel or multi-channel? Do you want a subwoofer?

Willis927

Willis927

Enthusiast
Fair point markw. I would be looking for suggestions for that have worked for others. Like I said, this is for the turntable only and I listen to mostly bluegrass, blues, rock (independent, classic, everything but metal). Not too much rap, hip-hop.

I'm thinking two channel with a sub will work best in my place.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I like Yamaha receivers and Boston Acoustics speakers. They work for me. Others may say that I am wrong, that are are better things to be had. Peace and goodwill.

J

jetsetter439

Audioholic Intern
Seems you can't go wrong with Yamaha.. Am about to pick one up myself.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Whatever you get needs to have a Phono input.

The selection of amp is preempted by speaker selection. Are you looking for speakers too? If yes, tower or bookshelf?

RochRx7

RochRx7

Enthusiast
As far as a good all-around 2.1 Stereo Amp: Yamaha A-S801?

Super clean power, phono, subwoofer out, built in DAC, optical/coaxials.

Good prices over at Accessories4less

M

Mark Adams

Audiophyte
Not sure if it meets your needs but i run a Sony STR-DA2800 ES receiver and for just 2.1 its a great setup. Im not sure if it has phono but it does have a sub out. There are no amp outs so don't plan on adding an amplifier. Just my 2 cents... i am not into $1,000 + receivers.... especially for 2 channel.

Good luck

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis