looking at replacing receiver

U

usher

Enthusiast
its samsung 1200w by 6(5 plus sub). i got it all 1 package. the rear speakers run wirelessly on it. all speakers are still in great shape but receiver might need to be replaced soon. i didnt want to replace the all speakers since they are still good. every receiver ive looked at has the sub using coaxial input on it and mine has 4 basic wire input. also the rears have a different connection to go into wireless device but i would be able to just use different wire and just run into the new receiver directly couldnt i? is there any receiver that would work? or would it be easier to just get another system all together? thing i dont like about the new all in 1 systems ive seen is that i cant find 4 tall boy speakers in the set. mine has the 4 which i like. if i got a new system, could i use my rear tall boys with the other speakers?

U

usher

Enthusiast
if i have to go all 1 system again, i was looking at this samsung HTH5530. would allow me to watch movies through receiver since it hdmi for 1080p pic and just use my ps3/ps4 for games

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Hey usher.
What is it your trying to do. Between speaker wire and HTIBs. Is your receiver not working correctly?

U

usher

Enthusiast
the receiver lets out buzzing noise when turned on. need to turn it on and off a few times then it stops. i know eventually it will probably stop working. so im looking for 1 just to be prepared for when it does

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Ahh, I see. Well first, what are you looking to spend. I would recommend going with a standalone receiver such as Denon Marantz or Yamaha. There are a couple places to look.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/avreceiver/home-audio/receivers-amps/home-theater-receivers/1.html

http://www.amazon.com/Home-Theater-Component-Receivers-Amplifiers/b/ref=amb_link_426323882_13?ie=UTF8&node=14269301&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_r=1BSFNBV69YJ339V0J9DY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1969681722&pf_rd_i=667846011

http://www.newegg.com/Receivers/SubCategory/ID-488

These are just three of the many sites that offer pretty decent deals on receivers. Take the time to compare the feature sets on several units and put some thought into current needs and future upgrades. Everyone here will be happy to help you sort through the specifics. As far as speakers go, just about any full range speaker can be used for rear channel speakers. For wire, as has been stated in you're other post, most HTIB or "all in one" systems have thin cheap wire. You can get wire from Amazon or Wal Mart or if you want to splurge, Blue Jeans Cable has outstanding stuff for a reasonable price. Don't spend a huge amount on speaker wire. You should get a minimum of 12 gauge wire however.

On a final note, don't be in too big a hurry to buy just anything to replace your receiver. Look around, compare, and saving just a little bit to add to your budget can yield pretty big rewards in the way of a better quality and more capable receiver. From there you can upgrade the rest of your system if you wish, and have a good base to start from.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis