Look what happens when customers buy from Elemental Designs

A

A7450broken

Enthusiast
Hi,

My experience is with a A7-450 that cost me $1,700 delivered.I paid it since March...
Elemental Designs does not have type of customer service as SVS,HSU,Outlaw, etc. companies I have dealt with.... I can assure you that...
overseas people you know what can be expected...
I do understand your point, and you are correct. Will explain mine now so everyone knows:

1. They quoted me first as if the sub was going to be delivered to my door, it finally wasnt. I drove 2 hours last Monday from the airport to get it to my house without a discount !!!. At first I agreed without complaints but look out what happened!!!
2. The package was a complete mess as was the sub(A7-450)!!!Amp broken,box broken... I'm sure that elemental didnt wrap it that way but the thing starts here...I have the photos in my posession if anyone wants them PM me. The AGS inspector has already come to my house, I faxed all the docs they wanted...well you name it.

I called them immediately and they said call AGS(shipping company) to report it. I proceed with what they told me...guess what??? Since I am not the client of AGS (which subcontratced another shipping company "CaribbeanTransServices")to get the sub delivered to my house, ED did, they dont want to talk with me. After like 20 conversations and emails with AGS,CTS,ED the status is ED is not going to build me a new unit until they receive the check from their claim with AGS...ajjajajaajaja.Can you believe that????? I have no check pending to my name and ED does not want to give me my money back nor they want to start building one now...Incredible...they want me to wait until the Business to Business claim proceeds, gets the approval and then they will start building it...WOW!!!!
So I paid 1,700 I have a broken end table to hold until someone calls me and tell me what to do with the box, no sub being build, no money to buy from another company...nothing...waiting until the claim that will take as AGS told from 30 to 102 days to then wait 2 and a half months to get the new sub from ED because they wont even start building it...NO NO please Chris,Ben,ALex...I think you can do better than that. You may have the most powerful commercial sub as for sound respects, but you are not one of the best companies until you get this kind of things fixed up!.
i will not wait 5-6 months after waiting 2 and a half already for one sub c'mon! Just because you said so!!!Nope. You are wrong this time.

Please reconsider your decision.

Matt34

Matt34

Sounds to me the problem is with the shipping company and not ED. If the box was in as bad as shape as you described why did you accept it?

A

A7450broken

Enthusiast
i have no Xray vision

Sounds to me the problem is with the shipping company and not ED. If the box was in as bad as shape as you described why did you accept it?
Obviously with the packaging even as poor as it was it was impossible to see any damage...
Have you waited so long for An ED subwoofer? No, right.?Is it your money? No right?OK I understand it is easy to take sides...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I see both sides of the issue but I have to side with the consumer on this one. ED needs to step up to the plate and get a new sub out to the OP ASAP, eat one if they have to and get it done.

Did I ever mention that I only buy from local dealers?......

majorloser

majorloser

We have a member here that has had excellent experiences with ED. He's had his items shipped to Manilla. That's quite a bit further than Puerto Rico. You may wish to send him a PM to ask his opinion on your situation.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=382166&postcount=214

I'm not sure what you expect Audioholics to do for you. Your dispute is with the shipping company and it's sub-contractor.

And just as a reminder, this is not the AVS Forum. I don't know what happened over there, but let it stay there.

Welcome to the Audioholics Forum :)

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/faq.php

A

A7450broken

Enthusiast
Ok.Im just trying to post my situation

We have a member here that has had excellent experiences with ED. He's had his items shipped to Manilla. That's quite a bit further than Puerto Rico. You may wish to send him a PM to ask his opinion on your situation.

I'm not sure what you expect Audioholics to do for you. Your dispute is with the shipping company and it's sub-contractor.

And just as a reminder, this is not the AVS Forum. I don't know what happened over there, but let it stay there.

OK.I just wanted to post my situation...

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not taking sides one way or another and I can certainly understand the OP's frustration - waiting for things to arrive isn't pleasant, especially when you're talking two, three months time. Nevertheless, it sounds like ED is merely following their own protocol on how to handle these kinds of issues and as a wise business move (from their perspective) cannot allocate a replacement until they see the proper documentation from the shipping company. Otherwise they would be open to any frivolous claim that comes in the door and might soon put them out of business, meanwhile legitimate claims (such as yours) may get overlooked or buried in the heap.

Perhaps it's something they need to work on with regards to its efficiency, but that's the other side of the debate. Your beef is with the shipping company more so than ED or anyone else involved. At least that's they way I read things from your post. Someone in the shipping chain has to claim responsibility, plain and simple.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Too late now, but NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE TAKE DELIVERY OR SIGN FOR A PACKAGE THAT MIGHT BE DAMAGED, make the driver open it in front of you, if he won't do it refuse it.

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There was no driver, he had to go pick it up. With any significant damage on the box though, you can still refuse delivery.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
There was no driver, he had to go pick it up. With any significant damage on the box though, you can still refuse delivery.
OK no driver, whoever is in charge of the package. I would take my cell and call the seller from wherever I'm picking up merchandise and let them know I'm refusing, they might want you to open it on the spot and confirm damage on the phone, I've done this quite a few times and it helps in the return/replace process.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
It is the shipping companies fault but ED enters back into the picture by refusing to even start building another sub until the damage claim is fully processed which is total BS.

A

A7450broken

Enthusiast
Exactly.

It is the shipping companies fault but ED enters back into the picture by refusing to even start building another sub until the damage claim is fully processed which is total BS.
Yep you got it right. Apprecciate when someone thinks and is not carried by:
ED makes excellent subwoofers" hype.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I dont think he expects AH to do anything, he is just letting us know what happened which is a big part of what forums are all about. I for one, am happy that this story was told and it helps keep my purchasing grounded to the local dealer.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/faq.php

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Unfortunately, this isn't the only story I have heard like this about ED. Can't speak for the products, but it doesn't sound like the have the capability to support the amount of work they are generating. I would have hoped by now they would have gotten past of some of the growing pains, but it seems that they aren't quite there yet.

Matt34

Matt34

I think this is just part of the risk you take when you buy from a realtively small company, even more so when it's an international purchase.

I can understand your frustration but I'm sure ED is not in the business to make their customers unhappy, like Halon said it's probably not within ED finacial resources to send you another sub without closure on the first one. Hopefully they will be able to do so down the line.

I'd also like to point out that from the price you quoted shipped is $1000 more than the sub is worth. I don't really know if any company would front that kind of money for a $700 product on the customers word.

Finally, I'm not a big fan of folks that pop out of nowhere with a username such as yours with your only intention to discredit a company whether right or wrong.

Edit: Don't type after downing a Monster (Energy drink that is).

Last edited:
E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
Haha, I like how you used this experience to coin your username. :p

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
When you say the amp was "broken"...do you mean it was physically mangled or it just wouldn't turn on?
This is important.
Sorry to hear of your situation....eD has been nothing but stellar to me.

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
Unfortunately, this isn't the only story I have heard like this about ED. Can't speak for the products, but it doesn't sound like the have the capability to support the amount of work they are generating. I would have hoped by now they would have gotten past of some of the growing pains, but it seems that they aren't quite there yet.
Same could be said for the MFW15 from av123. eD and that are the hot companies currently, along with Epik.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
I'm blown away by how defensive people are being for ED. They need to take care of this customer, he didn't choose the freight company and shouldn't held responsible for a bad decision on their part.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
how about posting the pictures. you said you had some.

www.photobucket.com

mine aren't exactly working perfectly, i sent my drivers in for rebuilding.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis