location audio questions

S

spindok712

Audiophyte
I am studying location audio and I have a few research questions for a project i am doing - can anyone help me answer them?

what are four categories of operationg a field mixer?
what do the pan functions do and how do they effect the outputs?
what are 3 steps in dialing in a field mixer?
what does the high pass filter do & what happens when its set correctly?
why should you not ingore the high pass filter?
why is the monitor return switch important?
what are three key elements in good location audio?

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
This seems like questions you've been tasked to answer rather than ones just rattling around in your head. As such, it seems the point of being asked those questions is to see if you've digested the larger body of material they are in.

Also, I suspect that Google could have answered much of that for your test.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
You should post your questions on the ProSoundWeb

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited by a moderator:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This thread is a good argument against take-home tests (if the way the questions were worded is any indication). If books and libraries are the only available sources, it takes more creative thinking to find the answers and it also makes it more likely that the person will actually learn the material instead of finding it and compiling it on paper or in a file. Presenting the material and knowing it are two completely different things.

The problem with having all of the information at one's fingertips is that, if this method of searching every fails, a whole lot of people will be helpless.

If the instructor cares about plagiarism, a bibliography will/should be required.

Oh, wait- a bibliography is presented when books are the source. Do they still use books in schools?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis