little help upgrading speakers!

J

jr09

Audiophyte
Thanks to all for the help, this is how it goes i got polk monitors 70,monitors40,csi20 and i can sell them to my buddy's, and put a little more towards this set up, RTi 12 floor speakers, a PAIR of FXi-5 surround speakers, and a CSi-5 center speaker for 750, IS IT WORTH IT???? oohhh they will be driven with pioneer elite sc35, 140 watts per channel class d amplifier, cause i know the rti demand much more power but i think in bi amp mode would be enuff thanks again!!!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The Monitors can not keep up with the RTi series. The Elite SC35
receiver can drive them.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Don't take this the wrong way, but we don't know what's worth it to you. We know what's worth it to us perhaps.

I would say, tell us what your listening environment is like and what sources you typically use. From that, we can pass some subjective judgement. From an objective point of view, zieglj01 is right (couldn't you just make your name jim or something...), you will have more capable speakers and your receiver will provide ample power for them.

J

jr09

Audiophyte
ok bedroom set up right know but if i do it, i will put them i my main one cause the rti"s are huge, i use it for both movies and music, movies blue rays and music mostly ipod [ i know i am loosing quality in sound but o well i do have a few cds but rarely use them] i notice that the monitors are better for movies then music.
i just like to know if it would be worth it sound wise, since i got the opportunity.My other set up is same receiver with jbl e80,e50 ec25 and 12 jbl sub and it sounds way much better then the monitors in music and movies! Thanks guys!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis