little A/V system for the office: LCDs & amp suggestions welcome

P

Pancho Urbano

Enthusiast
Hi. Some suggestions would help as I put together a little office A/V system. I'm leaning toward AV123 xls speakers, but need some help on the other components. I have a limited budget. For amp/source, I was thinking of picking up the Teac Legacy 800 receiver ($200) & dvd player ($80) at JandR. What do you think of that? Any other suggestions? I'd like to keep amp/source under $300.

As for a monitor, I've seen the Westinghouse 19" for about $330 with rebate. There's also the Sharp Aquos 15" EDTV for about the same price. I've also come across the Samsung Syncmaster 940MW for about $450. Any suggestions on these or other LCD monitors? $300-$400 would work well.

Thanks!
pu

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Stereo receiver

For 2 channel listening, check out the HK 3480 stereo receiver.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001FI49I/102-1055522-2164167?v=glance&n=172282
A stereo receiver will deliver much more power then most HT receivers in 2 channel mode. Any CD or DVD player (including an office computer) with a digital output will work fine as the audio source.

There should be plenty of LCD monitors in your price range. I am considering the Dell 20.1" wide screen model for my HTPC for about $430. If you want an LCD TV with tuner, then you will probably have to settle for a 19" or 17" model in that price range.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis