A

_audiouser_

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Gene,  based on info in another thread and after looking at your home setup @ 90 DB how can you not hear your crystal vibrating?

When I built my subs I went for the &quot;bigger is better&quot; plan.  Two 15 inch Tempests each mounted in it's own &quot;Adire alignment&quot; cabinet (2 ft x 2 ft x 3 ft box).  I don't why I built two, I just did.  They are pretty fun to play with tho.  

Anyway even at moderate listening levels lots of things start &quot;moving&quot; in my house.  In my last movie room I had used &quot;theater&quot; wall sconses, everytime I got below 60 they started to rattle.  It was so bad they had to come out, looked great tho.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>I know my photo frames and wife's mantlepieces fall off regularly during heavy bass scenes. This is with my three sub setup.</font>

<font color='#000080'>My Axiom EP350 rattles the stuff on top of my kitchen cabinets at exactly 32Hz. It only seems to happen during the Avia LFE sweep test, though.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Audiouser;

Actually the right side of my room seems to have a bass suckout so its not as problematic as you think. &nbsp;It took considerable effort to average out my room response by toying with sub group delay settings and crossover frequency, thus in my room if I don't use the sub and main speakers set large, it is almost impossible to attain reasonably flat frequency response below 100Hz. &nbsp;

My room does rattle quite alot, but in areas I still havent fully located. &nbsp;I heard my front door, or areas somewhere close by that crackle when I listen to the depth charges of U571. &nbsp;When I listen to Rebecca Pidegeon &quot;Spanish Halem&quot; SACD, I do hear some of the stuff in my entertainment center rattle, and often stuff on the shelves in my kitchen move quite a bit. &nbsp;However, all of those knickknacks make my wife happy and make the room more presentable as a living room rather than some deranged home theater room assembled by an audioholic nut like myself &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
A

_audiouser_

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
gene : I do hear some of the stuff in my entertainment center rattle, and often stuff on the shelves in my kitchen move quite a bit.  However, all of those knickknacks make my wife happy and make the room more presentable as a living room rather than some deranged home theater room assembled by an audioholic nut like myself  
Yes,  keeping the wife happy is an good thing.  Even in the one room I &quot;own&quot; the Misses still has &quot;decorative&quot; authority over colour.  She refuses to have a &quot;black hole&quot; in the basement.  Can't say a I blame her, I don't want one myself.

We had a guest come over while I was &quot;T-rexing&quot; downstairs, the guests first comment when I came upstairs, &quot;How's the base?  Feels great up here&quot;.  

I just wanted to point out how many things can start to contribute to audible distortion other then the system electronics.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis