Light Brown On Sides Of Screen...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Not that it bothers me much, but what does it mean? I was checking out a great documentary "The Art Of Flight" on netflix and was a bit noticeable when the screen was white. It's like half an inch on L/R on my HDTV. Could it be bonding?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure w/o taking a look at the screen. A majority of Sony LCD TVS I have owned (XBR Excluded) do show some uneven brighter spots on a pure black screen (very minor) and that is perfectly fine. I have not seen this as much on LED screens.

I have a DELL 2713H 2560x1440 LED Monitor for my PC. I originally had the HM series but had that brown spots in the corners you discussed. In that case there was improper bonding which is LED Bleed. I returned 2 units before I upgraded to the H series which doesn't exhibit this problem.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I have a DELL 2713H 2560x1440 LED Monitor for my PC. I originally had the HM series but had that brown spots in the corners you discussed. In that case there was improper bonding which is LED Bleed.
Thanks for the reply Cos. Yeah that's what I thought it was. You can't really see it at all, but if it's all white, it's a bit noticeable. I just hope it doesn't spread. I really can't upgrade anytime soon. I bought it used on CL for cheap, so no warranty. The TV does give you beautiful colors once I calibrated it.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the reply Cos. Yeah that's what I thought it was. You can't really see it at all, but if it's all white, it's a bit noticeable. I just hope it doesn't spread. I really can't upgrade anytime soon. I bought it used on CL for cheap, so no warranty. The TV does give you beautiful colors once I calibrated it.
Typically in situations like you discuss, they don't spread unless you mishandle the tv, I would be very gentle if you move the tv around, but even then it's fairly unlikely it will increase.

My wager is that the only reason you notice it is that you saw it once and you always look for it when you watch TV, I speak from experience, but the average person would never notice it.

I have the same problem with Home Audio Buzz/static, so much so I installed a dedicated circuit and switched out my amps :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
ThankS Cos. I pretty much forget it's there, unless the screen Is white and even then it's not really bothersome. The TV never gets moved around It stays In one place. My dream Is to get a Panny GT or ST one day till then this set keeps me pretty happy. I will keep you updated If anything changes.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis