Lg 50pq38 plasma problem

P

PEXPRESSFAN

Audiophyte
Hello, I have a 50" LG plasma made in march of 2009. Today it started randomly having a distorted picture, the best way I can describe the distortion is that the picture looks as if you are looking at thermal imaging. it then blinks a little but the sound never misses. I have switched to the wii, and the bluray and its the same picture, weird thing is that if I turn the TV off for a few then turn it back on then then it stops for awhile usually bout an hour. My problem is that it is out of warranty by about 5 months, I have read some posts on the net that the sometimes will fix this problem even though its out of warranty, but this same post keeps showing up on alot of diffrent message boards so I am starting to wonder if its real. I have a pic of the problem but not sure how well it shows up. If anyone has any suggestions or has had this problem please let me know, I would really hate to have paid $900 for a TV that has only lasted a year and a half

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000206409765&v=photos

P

PEXPRESSFAN

Audiophyte
Hello, I have a 50" LG plasma made in march of 2009. Today it started randomly having a distorted picture, the best way I can describe the distortion is that the picture looks as if you are looking at thermal imaging. it then blinks a little but the sound never misses. I have switched to the wii, and the bluray and its the same picture, weird thing is that if I turn the TV off for a few then turn it back on then then it stops for awhile usually bout an hour. My problem is that it is out of warranty by about 5 months, I have read some posts on the net that the sometimes will fix this problem even though its out of warranty, but this same post keeps showing up on alot of diffrent message boards so I am starting to wonder if its real. I have a pic of the problem but not sure how well it shows up. If anyone has any suggestions or has had this problem please let me know, I would really hate to have paid $900 for a TV that has only lasted a year and a half

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000206409765&v=photos
Sorry, I thought this link would allow you to see the pic but it does not.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis