LFE Norm VS LFE Main Setting (Denon)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
What is the difference between each setting? Which one is best to use? My manual does a poor job at explaining the LFE Main bass management setting with their two sentence blurb?

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
If your mains are set to "large," LFE+Main will send bass to both the sub and the main channels. If they are set to "Small" then the crossover works as before.

You probably want to use LFE-Norm.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
If your mains are set to "large," LFE+Main will send bass to both the sub and the main channels. If they are set to "Small" then the crossover works as before.

You probably want to use LFE-Norm.
I notice in 2 channel mode I have to have my mains set to large and bass managment set to LFE Main to get bass from the subwoofer. If I have my speakers set to small and LFE set to norm than I get no bass. Anything in multichannel I have all speakers set to small and LFE norm which works fine.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Awww...the Denon user manual....

I like the sections that say something like this- "To set up and use the network abilities of the AVR, set up the network"....

I mean, what the hell does that mean????

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
use LFE + Main if you want your main speakers and sub on all the time playing bass. also dont forget to goto 2CH direct setup and engage the sub there so it works for 2CH stereo and pure direct.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis