I

iceman

Audiophyte
I am in the process of finishing my basement and just started to look at rear projection tv's. I'm trying to decide between philips 55'' lcos model or sony/mits. dlp and lcd models. Any one have the philips lcos? If so what are the pros and cons of it. I would like to stay in the price range of 2,000-3,000.

B

bbakken82

Audioholic Intern
STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The company I work for sold the Philips LCOS and everyone who purchased that tv eventually exchanged it for a mits dlp. I would be surprised if the Philips lasted for more than 6 months(Of course Im exagerating just a tad). But seriously, Philips has discontinued making this technology because they just cant do it well. Unfortunately the three technologies you mentioned are still in their relative infancy. In a couple of years the three chip lcos will probably be the best but as of right now I would either choose the Mits dlp or the Hitachi lcd proj(director series). From a picture quality standpoint and build quality standpoint you cannot get ANY better.

W

WoodieB

Audioholic Intern
I have a Sony RPLCD that I'm very happy with. I get my HD feed off air with an antenna, and the HD football telecast, PBS HD programs, etc. are fantastic. It also does a good job with standard def. feeds, and looks great with a 480p DVD pic. Overall I'm very happy with it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis