layout setup help needed

kerm007

kerm007

Enthusiast
Hi
here's the point i have a dvd burner (lgr435) wich don't have good connector input i have only rca input ... i want to setup my receiver but not sure if i need to redirect the cable to my tv or to my receiver ?

i have those thing to setup

(receiver , dvd player,dvd burner, numeric cable box )

Any help will be welcome

Thanks

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
kerm007 said:
Hi
here's the point i have a dvd burner (lgr435) wich don't have good connector input i have only rca input ... i want to setup my receiver but not sure if i need to redirect the cable to my tv or to my receiver ?

i have those thing to setup

(receiver , dvd player,dvd burner, numeric cable box )

Any help will be welcome

Thanks
I would sent the cable TV box out to the TV and the DVD video to the TV, if you have two video inputs on the tv. Don't you need a computer for that dvd burner? What are you going to burn on it? DVDs?

kerm007

kerm007

Enthusiast
here what i have here

i got a home theater system (harmon kardon) avr 240, a dvd burner lg LGR435, a dvd player and an illico box exploere 3200 i trying to find the best setup for this

i want to be able to record a tv show while i listen another on the analogic connector

Thanks

and no the dvd burner is not a pc

it a component like a dvd player

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

kerm007 said:
i got a home theater system (harmon kardon) avr 240, a dvd burner lg LGR435, a dvd player and an illico box exploere 3200 i trying to find the best setup for this

i want to be able to record a tv show while i listen another on the analogic connector

Thanks

and no the dvd burner is not a pc

it a component like a dvd player
Well, if that is a stand alone DVD burner, does it have a TV tuner in it? Most likely not. Then, you would have to have a VCR select the channel and send to the burner via its composite video out. Otherwise, I am not sure how it would select the TV channel.

kerm007

kerm007

Enthusiast
he as a tv tuner but for me to record it fr5om the cable box (illico) i need to send the output of the illico (rca cable) to the input of the burner ....

but i will prefer to use a better choice of cable like the coax audio and the svideo of the illico

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

kerm007 said:
he as a tv tuner but for me to record it fr5om the cable box (illico) i need to send the output of the illico (rca cable) to the input of the burner ....

but i will prefer to use a better choice of cable like the coax audio and the svideo of the illico

I have no idea about that cable box but, does it have digital audio out? Svideo? How is the cable channel selected on it so you record the right signals? If it has these, can you try it first before you make a final wiring.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis