Latest Reputation Received

ronnie 1.8

Audioholic
Just went into my "User CP" (control panel), and saw I had received, for the first time, what seems to be a reputation rating, that seems to be worth "-40 points total". It's not a shining opinion. How are these "reputations" sent? Most importantly, how do I delete it from my CP?

Last edited:
AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Don’t worry about it. Check the post it references to see why a member may have submitted the negative chicklet. Just out of curiosity, I checked mine and saw that some coward had given me one without identifying themself or why it was given. I think I know who it was and has since been banned, no biggie. Most members who offer advice, myself included, try to do so the best they can. There are tactful way of disagreeing or correcting others misinformation or mistakes. I'll admit some of my responses are not the most eloquent and my education is always ongoing.

Last edited:
T

tbewick

Senior Audioholic
ronnie 1.8 said:
Just went into my "User CP" (control panel), and saw I had received, for the first time, what seems to be a reputation rating, that seems to be worth "-40 points total". It's not a shining opinion. How are these "reputations" sent? Most importantly, how do I delete it from my CP?
Finally, I've worked out how to do this! :) (I'm not being sarcastic). It's the little picture of the balances on the heading of the individual post. You click on this and you can give a reputation rating for a particular post.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Its a petty person who serves a red no matter the reason,i for one always sign my chicklets & refuse to serve up a red,if people dont have anything good to say they should just shut up.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I had no idea how that worked. I would see one of those red dots and think to myself they must have made a condicending post, so I start digging and never find anything. At least now I know how that happens.:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord

I gave you a rep point up, just for fun.:D

ronnie 1.8

Audioholic
MACCA350 said:
You've been a baaaaad boy:D
It appears someone believes so. Since I posted this thread I've received 3 more opinions - 2 positive (thanks Seth - the other is unknown) and 1 negative. Now my total is -83!! The net of these 3 new opinions is -43, and two are positive. So the new negative opinion is even worse than my original negative opinion (-40 pts)! My new negative opinion,

"works like this - u say something stupid, we give u negative feedback".

Do I get banned if my point total is low enough?

Last edited:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
ronnie 1.8 said:
It appears someone believes so. Since I posted this thread I've received 3 more opinions - 2 positive (thanks Seth - the other is unknown) and 1 negative. Now my total is -83!! The net of these 3 new opinions is -43, and two are positive. So the new negative opinion is even worse than my original negative opinion (-40 pts)! My new negative opinion,

"works like this - u say something stupid, we give u negative feedback".

Do I get banned if my point total is low enough?
In an attempt to help you go for the record, I just left you some feedback. :)

-Chris

ronnie 1.8

Audioholic
tbewick said:
Finally, I've worked out how to do this! :) (I'm not being sarcastic). It's the little picture of the balances on the heading of the individual post. You click on this and you can give a reputation rating for a particular post.
You're right, I see what you are referring to. Where's the point in allowing peers to cast individual opinions on others? That should be the sole rseponsibility of the Admins.

wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
I gave you a good one , I think :) .
I didnt even know this was here .

ronnie 1.8

Audioholic
AVRat said:
I checked mine and saw that some coward had given me one without identifying themself or why it was given.
Both of my negative opinions are anonymous. One's ID should be attached to an opinion, in the same way a post includes one's ID.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i dont think you get banned with the reputation thingy ... unless you piss off that same big person again.

hint: that big person might be an ADMIN/MODERATOR

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
ignore it, at least you're unique! we have green chicklets, you have red on your posts. for a glass half full type of person ... that would mean: STOP and read my posts :)

ours say: KEEP GOING

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Seth=L & Wire,

Why would you possibly give someone positive ratings solely based on them being upset that someone else gave them bad reputation and they complained about it? It does nothing positive for the way others will percieve you here.

Ronnie, this isn't intended as an attack on you personally, I don't know who gave you bad rep and/or what posts you made brought it on. My point is that the reputation function may be somewhat useless, though well intended, but it has a purpose. That purpose is not to make some one feel better who is upset that someone left them negative feedback with no explanation.

And you are absolutely right, if someone wants to leave you feedback, especially bad feedback, they should have b@lls enough to sign their names. Otherwise, they are just cowards.

Jack

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
ronnie 1.8 said:
OK, OK, I'm going dark on the subject. I'm getting more negative comments! :eek:
Ronnie,

Don't feel bad and don't take it personally, if you haven't gone out of your way to insult anybody don't worry, if it's bad one of the administrators will let you know.:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis