Late the the Party: Game of Thrones

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
When this series first launched I could never get past the first few episodes, even going back to them a few years later.

Times have changed

HBO had a Marathon of Game of Thrones 1-5 the past few days, and wow did I just waste a few days binge watching the series, I finally see what everyone is talking about. Great series, enjoyed it a lot, and to me it was the best way to watch so I didn't wait on the cliff hangers between episodes and seasons. My only complaint, why do they have to kill every single one, and I mean everyone single one characters I have invested my time in watching. I don't think Jon Snow is going to make it into 6, if he does, he is going to have a lot of holes in him. Overall a well done series, though I had the feeling they were running out of ideas in season 5.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Keep in mind the tv show is based on a series of books. The author definitely has no problems with killing off major characters. You should also use spoiler alerts/spoiler tags so people don't get surprised :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Keep in mind the tv show is based on a series of books. The author definitely has no problems with killing off major characters. You should also use spoiler alerts/spoiler tags so people don't get surprised :)
I am well aware it's based on the books, normally I like the read the books after I watch the TV series. 99% of the time when I read the books first, I am not happy with the changes they had to make for TV. I would have been careful to give spoiler alerts, but it has already been several months since the season ended, so I didn't feel like I was giving away any big secrets. It's not like Star Wars, which just happened and was careful to post spoiler alert.:D

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I completed the 5th season..... It was freaken amazing.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Curious what is going to happen with season 6 as the author hasn't completed it yet. While I am sure it will contain elements of his book, I am curious on how far it will deviate from the source material

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Game of Thrones is unequivocally my favorite TV series of all times.

Man, the new season is just around the corner in April. Scary how time freaking flies. Darn it. :eek:

I hope the 2 other Fantasy TV series (1. Beowulf & 2. Shannara Chronicles) will be great too, but I won't hold my breath. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Game of Thrones is unequivocally my favorite TV series of all times.

Man, the new season is just around the corner in April. Scary how time freaking flies. Darn it. :eek:

I hope the 2 other Fantasy TV series (1. Beowulf & 2. Shannara Chronicles) will be great too, but I won't hold my breath. :D
I read the first 3 or four Shannara Chronicles a long...long... time ago. It's my understanding that its way beyond those books and much later in the series. My main concern is MTV being the channel. I read a series of books called Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth Series). They made a TV program called the Seeker, which I didn't even know about until it was cancelled. After watching it, I understand why.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I read the first 3 or four Shannara Chronicles a long...long... time ago. It's my understanding that its way beyond those books and much later in the series. My main concern is MTV being the channel. I read a series of books called Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth Series). They made a TV program called the Seeker, which I didn't even know about until it was cancelled. After watching it, I understand why.
Yeah. The 3 channels I really trust are HBO, Showtime, & Cinemax.

MTV is not one I trust. Heck, Teen-wolf (1 of the worst shows I've seen) in on MTV.

Anyway, I saw the 1st 4 episodes of Shannara Chronicles. It's production value is tremendous. Every episode looks like Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit and Game of Thrones.

Unfortunately, I don't think the acting, writing, ditecting is anywhere as good as Game of Thrones. :(

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw GOT S07E01 couple of nights ago. As expected, it was awesome, but the episode was over before it even started. Never enough. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I got through about 2 seasons and stopped watching. It gets slow and a few episodes were tough to get through for me. Especially at the beginning. All the hype for season 7 is making me want to get back into it. I don't want to start from the beginning again tho. I might jump back in where I left off.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I got through about 2 seasons and stopped watching. It gets slow and a few episodes were tough to get through for me. Especially at the beginning. All the hype for season 7 is making me want to get back into it. I don't want to start from the beginning again tho. I might jump back in where I left off.
Oh man, it is one of the few shows that both me and the GF get all giggity about! Done so well!

I have read 3/5 books, will read the last 2 eventually.

There are some differences b/w the books and the show, but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. A couple of the surprises from the books (Reek) don't work on film. In general, I almost just consider it an alternate interpretation of the story, or perhaps a parallel universe for book vs show.

Either way, good stuff! And, the fact that ANY character could be killed off at any time, that's part of what makes this so great!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's very Walking Dead-ish in that respect. Now there's a show I never thought I'd like, but I'm hooked.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's very Walking Dead-ish in that respect. Now there's a show I never thought I'd like, but I'm hooked.
TWD's Walkers are like zombies in the background. Humans are a lot deadlier in TWD than the zombies. :D

GOT's White-Walkers have brains, strength, and speed, which makes them truly deadly. They are definitely not in the background. These White-Walkers are deadlier than any humans.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I got through about 2 seasons and stopped watching. It gets slow and a few episodes were tough to get through for me. Especially at the beginning.
What?

You're talking about the greatest show of all times. At least according to IMDB (both GOT & Breaking Bad are rated 9.5/10). :D

Shows like GOT are reasons why I watch TV shows 80% of the time and watch movies about 20% of the time. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
TWD's Walkers are like zombies in the background. Humans are a lot deadlier in TWD than the zombies. :D

GOT's White-Walkers have brains, strength, and speed, which makes them truly deadly. They are definitely not in the background. These White-Walkers are deadlier than any humans.
I watched 2 seasons and never saw a white walker. Daenerys had just locked up the dragons in a cave, Tyrion was on the run after killing his dad, and Jaime Lannister had his hand hacked off and was learning to swordfight left handed by using dirty tactics. And that little poop Joffrey was assassinated. Thank god, I couldn't stand him.

There's more I'm sure I'll remember if I think about it, but that's around when I stopped watching. It never got into the dragons much or white walkers or magic or any of the cool stuff I like in fantasy movie or show.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Oh man, West World is pretty dang good too! Held me over between seasons of GOT.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What?

You're talking about the greatest show of all times. At least according to IMDB (both GOT & Breaking Bad are rated 9.5/10). :D

Shows like GOT are reasons why I watch TV shows 80% of the time and watch movies about 20% of the time. :D
I actually got further than 2 seasons. My wife and I are half way through season 3 (started over, wife has never seen it) and so far I've seen it all. I think I got into season 4 before I stopped watching. We've been knocking out 2-4 episodes a night and I'm glad I started over. I've seen them all, but there's a lot I forgot and I think I'm picking things up I didn't see the first time through.

We're getting into GoT. I look forward to when evening hits and we have a few hours to binge on it. I think we're both going to suffer a little post show depression.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
When you catch up, season 7 is starting out great, last episode was awesome.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
When you catch up, season 7 is starting out great, last episode was awesome.
I'm almost done with season 5 now. I think I know what happened. I got a bunch of free movie channels for a couple of months when I called and threatened to cut the cord. I watched all of what was available at the time and season 5 wasn't out yet.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis