Kubo and the Two Strings

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Laika continues to put out unusual and interesting stories with beautiful stop motion animation. This one is very good and gorgeous to look at. Audio was excellent with excellent voice acting. The animation is just stunning - I found myself looking around at the small details as much as the main story. They used CG more in this one, in conjunction with the stop motion for a new look I have not seen in any other stop motion film. The story feels familiar but remains fresh in the way it is presented. Well balanced, well paced story and strong characters always keep it interesting. GO SEE IT :)

I bought my tickets for the 3D version because Laika's other films are amazing in 3D and unfortunately, they changed the showtimes on us. I bought through Fandango, who did not notify me about the change, so when we arrived, the showtime had been moved UP 1hr. So the theater gave me passes to any other film and told us we could go ahead and stick around or come back for the next showing, which we did. That showing wasn't 3D however, so I'll have to either wait and pick it up on Blu-ray or go see it again, and from the look of it, this one should be seen in 3D.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Nice write up JG. Which of his other films are 3D?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Coraline is a classic already and is still one of the best 3D films out. Boxtrolls wasn't an instant classic, but it was very good. I watched Paranorman and it wasn't so great. The visuals were good including the 3D, but the film just so-so.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Ah ok I have the first 2 you mentioned. I'll pick this one up when it comes out on 3D. Thanks for the info.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis