speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I hate to tell you, but your finish is probably already toast. Hopefully it will be minimal, and an acetone soak isn't gonna do it any good either.
I poured a little bit of finger nail polish remover on it last night. Let it soak in for a few minutes, then wiped it off. There is no damage to the finish. I will try again a little later today and see what happens. If nothing else, I get the glue off and the finish becomes toast I will just sand it down. Prime it and paint it this coming Spring to match my decor. May just end up doing that anyways before it is all said and done. Here goes nothing.....LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
There is good news folks! Most of the glue has come off now after letting it soak in longer. There is still a little to get off. No discoloration thus far. Thanks Guys!

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
There is good news folks! Most of the glue has come off now after letting it soak in longer. There is still a little to get off. No discoloration thus far. Thanks Guys!

Cheers,

Phil
Yup, sorry about that, I should have been more clear from the beginning on the process.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yup, sorry about that, I should have been more clear from the beginning on the process.
It is no problem. I should have asked......LOL!!!!! No really thanks for your and everyone's help! You guys ROCK!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
UPDATE!

Super glue is gone! The finger nail polish remover did the trick. There is no discoloration either. You guys have no idea how much your help means to me. My MOM would have been very proud. Very happy camper right now. Thanks Guys!

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
UPDATE!

Super glue is gone! The finger nail polish remover did the trick. There is no discoloration either. You guys have no idea how much your help means to me. My MOM would have been very proud. Very happy camper right now. Thanks Guys!

Cheers,

Phil
Yeah, well I'm just surprised that you made it this long before you needed this type of help. Been there, done that, a long time ago!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, well I'm just surprised that you made it this long before you needed this type of help. Been there, done that, a long time ago!
It had been on there for a while now. But now gone gone gone......LOL!!!! Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
UPDATE!

Cheers,

Phil
Can you post a photo of the area where the glue was? If Acetone didn't touch the finish, I have to wonder what it is- that stuff will eat almost all kinds of paints, plastics, epoxy, etc.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Can you post a photo of the area where the glue was? If Acetone didn't touch the finish, I have to wonder what it is- that stuff will eat almost all kinds of paints, plastics, epoxy, etc.
Yes, I can post a few pics. Give me a little bit and I will do so. It is the same table that is in most all of my pics. But, I snap a few where the super glue was. Will get back to you.

Cheers,

Phil

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
If the acetone or sandpaper doesn't work well, there is always another way.

Get a whole bucket full of krazy glue, and cover the whole table :D.

Wear gloves and work fast!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
If the acetone or sandpaper doesn't work well, there is always another way.

Get a whole bucket full of krazy glue, and cover the whole table :D.

Wear gloves and work fast!
For real. I learned a valuable lesson about super glue. That is, they are certainly not joking when they say how strong the bond is AND how fast it sets up! I won't even begin to go in how much of a pain it was to get off of my hands. It certainly was no fun.....LOL!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: For now on, will use greater caution working with that stuff.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Here are a few pics that you requested. The spot was right in front of the finger nail polish remover bottle and my KY basketball schedule for 2016-2017! You can have one if you want one....LOL!!!!! There is no discoloration in the finish from what I can see.

upload_2016-12-8_14-25-44.png

upload_2016-12-8_14-27-33.png

upload_2016-12-8_14-29-10.png

upload_2016-12-8_14-31-12.png

upload_2016-12-8_14-32-31.png

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I am also quite surprised that the finish looks good!

Hey, as far as gluing your fingers together, I've had to carefully split them back apart with a razor blade before!

Like I said before, now I always wear gloves!

On a positive note, now you are all stocked up for taking care of that old polish on your nails :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am also quite surprised that the finish looks good!

Hey, as far as gluing your fingers together, I've had to carefully split them back apart with a razor blade before!

Like I said before, now I always wear gloves!

On a positive note, now you are all stocked up for taking care of that old polish on your nails :D
Shoot have no nail. Have a tendency to bite mine.....LOL!!! Yeah I know it is a bad habit. But, at least I don't smoke. Got to have something to calm my nerves at times. Really don't do it as much as I used to. But, I still do from time to time.

Cheers,

Phil

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
For real. I learned a valuable lesson about super glue. That is, they are certainly not joking when they say how strong the bond is AND how fast it sets up! I won't even begin to go in how much of a pain it was to get off of my hands. It certainly was no fun.....LOL!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: For now on, will use greater caution working with that stuff.

Cheers,

Phil
Now I understand, Keep Out Of Reach Of Children...LOL

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
UPDATE!

Cheers,

Phil
:p

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Now I understand, Keep Out Of Reach Of Children...LOL
Yeah, it is no joke when you get it all over your hands. I only used a little dab on my 24" HiVi stands and laid the container on my kitchen table. Holy smokes it dried so fast that I did not have time to wipe it off. One of the bumper pads came off of my stand. The super glue took care of that......LOL!!!! As mentioned, I will certainly be much more careful when working with it again.

Cheers,

Phil

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Yeah, it is no joke when you get it all over your hands. I only used a little dab on my 24" HiVi stands and laid the container on my kitchen table. Holy smokes it dried so fast that I did not have time to wipe it off. One of the bumper pads came off of my stand. The super glue took care of that......LOL!!!! As mentioned, I will certainly be much more careful when working with it again.

Cheers,

Phil
I too was a casualty of krazy glue while pulling a prank on my wife when I filled the hole on the lock of the balcony patio door, the lock had to be changed anyway, 2 of my finger tips got bonded to the lock and she is the one that subjested the nail polish remover after I struggled for couple of minutes trying to free my finger tips and sense then I'm caution with that mixture, which she got a good laugh out of it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I too was a casualty of krazy glue while pulling a prank on my wife when I filled the hole on the lock of the balcony patio door, the lock had to be changed anyway, 2 of my finger tips got bonded to the lock and she is the one that subjested the nail polish remover after I struggled for couple of minutes trying to free my finger tips and sense then I'm caution with that mixture, which she got a good laugh out of it.
Just glad that you managed to save your fingers. Sounds like we both have learned a valuable lesson here. I will use extreme caution next time I use that stuff.....LOL!!! Bet you will as well.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis