KODI Discussion Thread

R

ronscat

Audiophyte
I just tried it again and noticed a note up top that says the "Link may be having a problem. Please try another link."

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I am having a buffering problem on the site today even though I have a 70Mbps download speed. I'm wondering if the Android pc in the Sony is the problem. After you add the Release Hub addon the Latest 4k Movies (prime Links) is close to the bottom of the list. I am interested in how your system handles the movies on here.
It maybe few days till I check it out. What I could tell you is Exodus links are inconsistent, many links broken, some mirrors are very slow. It has nothing to do with your isp. I get over 100mbps down and still some sites are buffering like crazy slow.
But it's hard to be mad for free stuff :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I never really liked streaming (not even Netflix). I think I will always prefer to download H265 video files and watch on KODI. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I never really liked streaming (not even Netflix). I think I will always prefer to download H265 video files and watch on KODI. :D
For quality of experience and video - local files are best ofcourse, but tools like exodus made me that SO much more lazy. It will find and play if file is in kodi library or will stream if available.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Never had so many issues with Kodi under OpenElec. @fuzz092888 I blame these issues on your windows os.
Try to re-install it back and then uninstall it from control panel - never attempt to delete files from c:\program files directly before uninstall.
Kodi and I aren't fighting anymore (at least for the time being), but due to some unforseen errors I have to rerip my whole BD collection. Not exactly fun, but at least it's working.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For quality of experience and video - local files are best ofcourse, but tools like exodus made me that SO much more lazy. It will find and play if file is in kodi library or will stream if available.
True. I have Exodus set up on all KODI PC just in case someone wants to watch something I don't have. :)

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I used to use Kodi all the time. My wife and kids randomly use Exodus. I mainly use Plex for streaming now. I've been using the lastest Kodi, and a lot of the link do not work for me. It definitely doesn't work with the Fire TV, which now it's just sitting on the counter collecting dust.

I just go a i5 NUC, and I'm trying to get that set up to replace my current tower HTPC. Exodus is pretty neat though!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I used to use Kodi all the time. My wife and kids randomly use Exodus. I mainly use Plex for streaming now. I've been using the lastest Kodi, and a lot of the link do not work for me. It definitely doesn't work with the Fire TV, which now it's just sitting on the counter collecting dust.

I just go a i5 NUC, and I'm trying to get that set up to replace my current tower HTPC. Exodus is pretty neat though!
Try this Android specific kodi fork for your fire tv
http://spmc.semperpax.com/

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The only time I don't use Kodi is when I am watching NFL football.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
SPMC worked way better for me than the Kodi build for Android TV. I will say that as good as Kodi is, I'm still using Plex for movies. Not as customization, but still very good for what it is.

I haven't decided what to do for the new theater though. I used an HTPC and the Plex Home Theater (kodi with plex scrapers/metadata pretty much) and it worked great, but the more I use my Shield TV (android TV) the more I'm thinking I don't need the dedicated HTPC any longer.

One thing I won't be able to do (until I figure out how or if it is possible) is control my projector via rs232. I used eventghost on my HTPC and it worked great, but starting my HTPC from scratch has me wondering if there are any Kodi plugins that might handle this for Android TV or even the HTPC.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Probably won't hurt to try eventghost kodi plugin and getting usb to serial adapter which known work with Android

D

donaldS

Audiophyte

Attachments

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'll definitely have to check that out, thanks!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just wanted to mention that I’ve been using the Kodi Zoom function (pressing the “Z” button on the keyboard) while watching movies.

It takes a 2.4:1 ratio movie and makes it 1.8:1 ratio.

It does crop a little bit of the left and right sides, but I think it’s insignificant for the newer movies that place all the main actions center screen anyway.

This would not be too good for the old movies like “Ben Hurr” which uses the entire screen.

The biggest concern is probably picture quality.

But based on what I’ve seen (1080p movies on 150” screen),I have not noticed any degradation in picture quality.

I just saw Dracula Untold in DTSX. Picture quality looks great in Zoom mode.

Of course, the other question is simply, “Why do it at all?”

Well, just personal preference. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I just wanted to mention that I’ve been using the Kodi Zoom function (pressing the “Z” button on the keyboard) while watching movies.

It takes a 2.4:1 ratio movie and makes it 1.8:1 ratio.

It does crop a little bit of the left and right sides, but I think it’s insignificant for the newer movies that place all the main actions center screen anyway.

This would not be too good for the old movies like “Ben Hurr” which uses the entire screen.

The biggest concern is probably picture quality.

But based on what I’ve seen (1080p movies on 150” screen),I have not noticed any degradation in picture quality.

I just saw Dracula Untold in DTSX. Picture quality looks great in Zoom mode.

Of course, the other question is simply, “Why do it at all?”

Well, just personal preference. :D
Interesting. Letter-boxing never really bothered me much, but good to know there is an option. This or a PJ with lens memory would work. Guess neither are automated though.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting. Letter-boxing never really bothered me much, but good to know there is an option. This or a PJ with lens memory would work. Guess neither are automated though.
Yeah, I've using Kodi for a long time and never knew about this neat and quick Z-function for zoom.

So I've been watching all my 2.4 movies zoom in for 1.9. :D

No loss in video quality for my eyes, but these movies are new movies that look awesome. I bet old movies won't look too great if zoom in. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
default zoom levels are bit too much, pretty much the only time I touch these to convert old 4:3 to 16:9.
I use 1.10 pixel ratio and 1.10 zoom sliders.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis