Klipsch Synergy F3's no good?

W

Will_XXL

Audiophyte
Hey,

I am a Best Buy employee thinking of buying a pair of Klipsch synergy F3's. As most of you know these speakers run about $434.00 a piece (at least at best buy they do). For those of you who dont know best buy employees get a cost + 5% discount on every item in the store. My price on these is like $202.00 a piece. So basically 2 for 1. Many of the reviews I have seen for these are not that good. Would your opinions change if they were half the price? We do not carry the refrence series. And these appear to be the best in the store. And I couldnt even afford these at the regular price since Im a college student also. I guess what Im asking are these a pretty decent choice for the money and will they be better than my 6 yr old sony's?

thx
Will

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
u work at best buy, go grab ur receiver and hook it up to the speakers in the store, i've listened to them b/f and they sound ok, for that price there are better choices out there, but if you like the sound of them go and try them out at home, worst case scenario you just take them back

W

Will_XXL

Audiophyte
I have already done that. Hooked them up to my reciever before I bought the receiver its a year old Yamaha HTR-5750 6.1. To me they sounded better than the other speakers we carry like the JBL E60's. What other speakers can you get for $450 a PAIR that are better than the synergy F3's?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
If I was you, I would grab some Infinity Primus speakers over those. Even if it means you have to spend more, I personally think its worth it.

SheepStar

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
The Axiom M22Ti's, from what I have read, would probably sound better than the Klipsch Synergy's. The Klipsch Reference series is well liked but the Synergy series isn't highly regarded by many.

It's all about how you like them, however. If you think they sound good, go ahead and get them.

Personally I have heard the F3's. To me they sounded harsh and thin. While I have yet to hear the Axiom's, my guess is that they sound better.

Zuke

Zuke

Junior Audioholic
I also work at BB.
1- you can get almost all of Klipsch Synergy speakers a lot less than retail by using the BB employee accommodations page under tool kit. (pm me if you don't know how to do this) I remember seeing the F3 for $170 each tax free and shipped to your house for free.
2- Go to a BB Magnolia store (you get BB discount there too). Listen to Boston's, Def tech, Mirage and Logans before getting the Klipsch.

W

Will_XXL

Audiophyte
Zuke said:
I also work at BB.
1- you can get almost all of Klipsch Synergy speakers a lot less than retail by using the BB employee accommodations page under tool kit. (pm me if you don't know how to do this) I remember seeing the F3 for $170 each tax free and shipped to your house for free.
2- Go to a BB Magnolia store (you get BB discount there too). Listen to Boston's, Def tech, Mirage and Logans before getting the Klipsch.

LOL, I allready used my accomodation for something else, and the closest magnolia store is no where even near here. You are right about the $170 price though...But I have to wait 8 more mnths b4 another accom. I guess when you ask folks who can spend 5 or 6 hundred dollars and more a piece for speakers they are obviously gonna to suggest something better and out of your price range. I have yet to see a pair of speakers that go for $500 a pair that beat these. But I sure would like to find some. Thx for the help to those who have posted so far.

wlecount

wlecount

Audiophyte
I've got a pair of the Klipsch F-2's and a C2 to go with it and I couldn't have asked for anything else. They are being powered by a Yamaha-5860 and although my combiantion was purchased from Bestbuy I think they sound just fine. I'm no super audio fanatic, but I have listened to a $20,000+ system and for what I payed it's more than enough. I would suggest using your discount and getting what you want from BB. Unless you can really afford it, saving a few dollars on the speakers seems more than worth it to me.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
i think it's a smoking deal & you will be hard pressed to find anything else that can compete in that price range.

there's nothing wrong with the klipsch speaker's your thinking about buying,i have a pair of the f 3's in my bedroom system & they sound great,the thing that turn's alot of people off with them is that they use a horn tweeter,horns can come off sounding harsh to alot of people,if you find that the high's are harsh to your ear's there a few thing's that you can easily do yourself to tame the high's without spending any cash.

W

Will_XXL

Audiophyte
Appreciate all the posts

Thanks for your reccomendations, everyone has been very helpfull. I forgot to mention that I already have a Klipsch C3 center channel. Is mixing the mains and the center a bad idea? If I have to change my center to take advantage of the infinity's or the athena auditons I may just get the synergy's and enjoy them until I get out of school and then buy something else. Does anyone know anything about Wharfedale evolution 40's? I found a place that is selling these for $1500 a pair and throwing in a $500 pair of evolution surrounds. Are these a good speaker for that price range or are there better options?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Will_XXL said:
Thanks for your reccomendations, everyone has been very helpfull. I forgot to mention that I already have a Klipsch C3 center channel. Is mixing the mains and the center a bad idea? If I have to change my center to take advantage of the infinity's or the athena auditons I may just get the synergy's and enjoy them until I get out of school and then buy something else. Does anyone know anything about Wharfedale evolution 40's? I found a place that is selling these for $1500 a pair and throwing in a $500 pair of evolution surrounds. Are these a good speaker for that price range or are there better options?
I wouldn't mix and match if you don't plan on upgrading the center anytime soon.

SheepStar

A

Amechwarrior

Audiophyte
Another BB emp. here, I would stick with matching the fronts/center but check the athena accomodations, price wise there pair of F2.2s are less then just 1, yea 1 F3 and the Audition series had a ton of great reviews and alot of people talking about how good it was for its full retail price.

If I remember correctly the PAIR F2.2s will run you ~$180 plus ~$54 shipping(flat rate even to Hawaii) about $170 savings, but stick with matching fronts unless you also want to get the Athena center for like $54 more(still saves some cash vs 2 F3s).

Also check as stated before, check the Klipsch accomodations and check some item vs. emp. discount, somethings where cheaper in emp.disc. while others where cheaper in accomodations, they already ad the shipping costs into the prices listed there.

Personally I do not think you could go wrong either way, but get the F3s if you want to keep your center, if you want to save a hundred and some go with the athena C1.2 and F2.2.

J

jman103099

Audioholic Intern
YAY! A former Best Buy employee here (out of school and got a "real" job).

Okay, here is what I would tell you: I own the e60s from JBL. They are nice. Sound good, okay highs, not so great lows (but I think its my reciever set up wrong or something). Anyways, I also have the Klipsch B3s in my beedroom setup. I love the B3s. They are freakin` awesome! I will listen to a CD up here, then go down to my home theater and pop the same CD in and say... "okay, where did all the sound go" Maybe its me, maybe my ears arent really "trianed" to hear all the stuff that you are "suposed to hear" but I think the Klipsch sound much MUCH better - AND THEY ARE LITTLE BOOKSHELVES WITH NO MID!!! HA! If I could right now, and still worked at BB I would buy all Klipsch Synergy stuff to replace my hometheater. But, like I said, now that im out of school it's time for Klipsch's better stuff...

Hope that helps. Go with the F3s, with the price we get them for, you cant go wrong. And oh yeah, Klipsch will sell on eBay for higher than what it is sometimes on sale for in the store... :)

W

Will_XXL

Audiophyte
Finally decided

Sorry to leave you folks hangin' the last week or so. Been buried up to my eyebrows in school work. 21 hrs of class and full time work is a you know what...So I was off work the other day and grabbed the display of my yamaha receiver in the store and did some listening. What I found was that I actually thought the f2's sounded much cleaner at mid-high volume but did not have the same amount of bass as the f3 which came across as sounding very harsh when up loud and really only sounded better than the 2's when playing rap. Well after monopolizing the speaker section for about 2 hrs I decided to go with the 2's and save the extra money to invest in a good sub to compensate for the bass. I have been listening to music, watching movies, playing games, and absolutely feel I made the best decision. Now I need some advice on a sub. Does it need to match the klipsch also? I get a pretty darn good deal on the 10 and 12in versions. Thanks again to all of you who have posted to this thread you have been a great help.

Zuke

Zuke

Junior Audioholic
Good choice! The sub dosen't need to match your mains. Go with what sounds best to you. The Sub12 is a monster so watch out. It can flood your mids with too much bass.

K

kelly

Enthusiast
Forget the synergy klipsch. Get on ebay, and buy some reference series speakers. You will be much happier. They do not even compare. There is a guy on ebay that has rb35 bookshelf speakers on there all the time at buy it now price $400 new in the box. They may be bookshelf speakers, but they will out perform any synergy series speakers. And if you are worried about the warranty. He gives you a one year written.

sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
Why is it that everyone bashes the Synergy Line. I have a set and I love them. Of course the reference series is much better, but they are much more expensive. The synergys are a great entry level system, if and only if you like the Klipsch sound. If you don't like the Klipsch sound then there are other great speakers that can be had for the same price.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
sbader2 said:
Why is it that everyone bashes the Synergy Line. I have a set and I love them. Of course the reference series is much better, but they are much more expensive. The synergys are a great entry level system, if and only if you like the Klipsch sound. If you don't like the Klipsch sound then there are other great speakers that can be had for the same price.

Everyone bashes them because they are junk. You can get a pair of Acoustech HT-75's by BIC that sound much better for $270 a pair shipped. I love Klipsch speakers, but that line is total junk.

sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
You say they are junk, a reason why would be very much appreciated.

Also BIC Acoustech doesn't make a bookshelf model, that was really what swayed me away from them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis