Klipsch sub-12 or Svsound PB10-NSD

B

bacchus99

Junior Audioholic
The Klipsch can be had for about $470 plus tax and the sv is $429 plus shipping. So about the same price. The klipsch has a 12 inch woofer while the sv has a 10". RMS power is the same. Which one to get? Which is the bassier sub?

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I would go with the SVS. Far better quality, ID pricing, and I've never heard a klipsch sub I liked.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
The SVS PB10 NSD is an out standing performer. The SVS will go deeper (+/- 3 dB 20-100 Hz), but the Klipsch might have the slightest edge in the SPL area. I'd be inclined to go with the SVS too (uh, wait a minute, I already did).

Sub 12 specs

SVS PB10-NSD specs

B

bacchus99

Junior Audioholic
I'm leaning toward the SVS myself. Its actually alittle cheaper and i hear great things abou them. Got my 663 in today and hooked it up. I like it so far and have plenty to learn. So many different modes to listen to the movie in. I don't know which one is the standard best. Anyone know?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
If we are talking about a Klipsch Synergy series subwoofer. Then this is a no brain'r. The SVS will out perform the Klipsch.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Not knowing which Klipsch sub you're referring to makes the suggestion slightly more difficult. However, having had experience with both Klipsch's Reference and Synergy subs as well as the next step up from SVS (20-39 PCi), I'd recommend the SVS for low-end and build quality.

If size is an issue for you, the PB10 isn't a little guy, but if you're not terribly restricted, I'd prefer the SVS over the Klipsch personally.... -TD

W

wessyb

Junior Audioholic
i purchased both the klipsch synergy 12 and the svs pb10 and.........i still own the svs.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
The Klipsch sub-12 is a muddy mess. Sure it can play loud but that loudness is just a complete mess.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I'm leaning toward the SVS myself. Its actually alittle cheaper and i hear great things abou them. Got my 663 in today and hooked it up. I like it so far and have plenty to learn. So many different modes to listen to the movie in. I don't know which one is the standard best. Anyone know?

Get the SVS. You'll be glad you did. If you get the Klipsch sub you'll just wonder about the SVS.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I owned the Klipsch sub-12 for two days, I would have only owned it for 1 but Best Buy was out of my way so I wanted to make sure I had a reason to be near it instead of making an extra trip.

SVS.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
You should really go ahead and get the PB12-NSD.:D

W

wessyb

Junior Audioholic
i totally agree. get the pb12 and close the deal. apart from selling the klipsch sub 12 and keeping the pb 10, i also traded my rsw15 for a pair of 20-30cs+ which i use in my living room. believ me the svs are great

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis