Klipsch RF-82 vs. Infinity C336

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
DenPureSound has the Klipsch RF-82/Denon AVR-4311/XPA-5 for the larger room. He just got the Infinity C336 for the smaller room (w/ Denon AVR-3311).

Here are the measurements from HTM. I assume the RF-82s should be like the RF-83.

The RF-83's listening-window response (a five-point average of axial and +/–15-degree horizontal and vertical responses) measures +3.04/–4.40 decibels from 200 hertz to 10 kilohertz.

The C336’s listening-window response (a five-point average of axial and +/–15-degree horizontal and vertical responses) measures +2.22/–0.72 decibels from 200 hertz to 10 kilohertz.

Just based on these "snapshots" alone and assuming other things equal, I would have guessed that the Infinity C336 sound better since they measure more accurately than the Klipsch RF82.

However, DenPureSound tells me that although the C336 sound quite good, his Klipsch RF82 speakers sound better than the Infinity C336. He said the C336 sound more neutral and laid-back than the Klipsch speakers, which sound more energetic and snappy.

It's gotta be that Emo XPA-5 amp & Denon 4311 making the sound better, right? :D

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I would have guessed that the Infinity C336 sound better since they measure more accurately than the Klipsch RF82.

However, DenPureSound tells me that although the C336 sound quite good, his Klipsch RF82 speakers sound better than the Infinity C336. He said the C336 sound more neutral and laid-back than the Klipsch speakers, which sound more energetic and snappy.
It would be interesting to hear the definition of energetic and snappy.

I have never owned or listened to, a laid back Infinity speaker yet.
However, the Klipsch Reference RB25 speakers I use to own, did
sound more forward and sharp, than the Infinity Beta 20 speakers.

Last edited:
LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
The Infinity does not have the Horn for a the mid range. That is what makes the Klipsch sound more "Foward and Sharp". It's a Love/Hate thing with horn loaded speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis